Chapter 12

Scar

Caine went on about Britain and living along the British Isles. Too soon 1st hour started to both our disappointment. We had the same class, but with different teachers.

Seconds later once I sat down at a table, the teacher walks in with a cart dragged by another student. She immediately starts jabbering, the class watched from their lab stations- turns out that everyone in the class knew each other, or had at least 2 friends in the class. So I sat alone in the middle of the room with my own table.

"Look around you, the stations that you're sitting in are the spots you're going to have the rest of the semester. Unless the classroom environment is interrupted, then you'll move seats." Her messy bun shook out the golden locks as she spoke. She wore a dark blue pencil skirt that reached an inch above her ankles, with a blazer that matched the shade of the skirt, underneath she wore a black tank, and black toe-less heels that lifted her 3 inches off the ground.

I took a big whiff as she walked by. Witch. of course, who else would teach a potion class?

"Now, let's start right away." The room lit up in a low moan, "open to page 71 in your potion book. Mr. Crowly can you read first."

Mr.Crowly cleared his voice and shifted his eyes across the classroom, as the murmurs grew louder until Ms. Teacher shushed everyone to silence.

"To make Mutare Physicam you need: a feather of an eagle, blood of a cockroach, venom of a snake, and hair from a werewolf." Mr. Crowly finished.

"Can anyone tell me what a Mutare Physicam is?"

The girl in front shot her hand up immediately."It's a potion ."

Ms.Teacher beamed, "how is it different?"

"It is set under the moonlight for more power, mainly from the werewolf hair which is the strongest substance in the potion. This is of the werewolf lore that spoke of werewolves transforming at night during the full moon, but actually is the chemicals in werewolves fur that allows them to heal faster than most species." Said an irish accent behind wavy brown hair.

"Exactly how Miss Foinse explained. We are going to be making a transformation potion." Immediately the class exploded into excited cheers. "Tomorrow."

The class groaned while some students sat back down. "Silence, I will not allow any whining, otherwise I'll personally make sure that you fail this class."

My head fell to my hand, and shifted to my palm. "What's so important about a transformation potion?"

"Do you have something to add Ms. Harris?" My thoughts were suddenly drawn back somewhere else. "Scarlette Harris!" I jumped in my seat.

"I said do you have anything to add?"

My chin raised from the table, "yeah, like why the hell would a transformation potion be any use at all?" I yelled, everyone's eyes widened and whipped toward Ms. Teacher.

She stood there silently, "during a battle, this can be the difference between life and death."

"During a battle you wouldn't have the luxury of time collecting these items." I countered.

"Having it prepared ahead of time, and keeping it stored away till the time is necessary is how it can save your life." She defended.

"Have you ever experienced battle Ms. T?"

She shifted a little bit, as if off guard by my question. "A fair share, maybe 5 or 6. More than most people."

A grin slowly spread across my face, "explains what you know." I chuckle.