Chapter 4

Scar

"Run, run, run little wolf. You won't get far!" Max yelled as he and Akshay chased me down as I tried exiting the 2nd dimension.

Max loved being the predator, that was always his trait. I ran faster, I didn't know how fast Max could run till he already caught up to Akshay. Speeding up I ran toward the sun, hoping that'd be my exit to escape.

Closing my eyes the bright light burned my eyes, using my x-Ray vision I found myself right; the sun was the only way out and beyond that is emptiness. Taking a chance I lunged through, the sound of shattering glass wiped past my face, closing my eyes I opened then back up till the sound of crunching twigs broke under my paws. Staring around I noticed the distinct smell of the forest compared to the human environment I was used to sucking in.

Looking back toward the portal two large figures ran toward it, toward me. Leaping into the forest, I ran as fast as I could, tripping over various of branches.

'Sca- Scarlette?' Spoke a mysterious voice, I stopped in my tracks.

"Who was that?" I yelled into the forest.

'Its me. Where have you been Scarlette. Everything turned black after trying to stop Sam leave Ben's territory.'

Could It be, my wolf? I wanted to open my mouth and spill out everything to her but held my tongue. Was it really the best decision, should I tell her?

'Scarlette?' She spoke softly, but suddenly there was an edge in her voice.

'What is that! Somebody is following us!' I didn't say anything, keeping silent as I bound deeper into the forest.

'Scarlette! You know who is following us, tell me!'

"Max-"

'Max?! How could he possess this much power?'

Power? "- but he's not alone, there's one more. Probably a student of Max, and trust me, he's not to be dealt with easily."

"That's very kind of you." I stopped in my tracks, looking up at a pillar of stones Max stood like a royal alpha as he stared down at me with gleaming eyes, Akshay laying down lazily at his side.

How could they have caught up to me already? "Max. Why do you still chase me?"

"Haven't I told you already-" He crawled down like an insect to the Earth's surface. I backed up timidly.

'Scarlette, what's going on? Destroy him!' Yelled my wolf.

"I.. Can't." My eyes shaking out of a unknown force I've never felt before. "Why- why am I shaking?"

Max laughed, "It's called fear little wolf." I snarled, it can't be fear!

He laughed harder, "I guess you've never got a taste of your own medicine have you? Looks like the Alpha of the Alaskan pack, Ben Harris was too soft on you for all the crimes you've committed."

"Shut up!" I screamed, I wanted to sound bold but my insides were shaking so hard I thought I would crumble into ashes. I was never scared of Max before, why now?

"Now. Why don't you keep running, it'll be more fun when we crush you." He snarled, slowly walking over, a torcherous smile that only belonged to the devil spread across his ugly face.

He laughed once more, taking the chance he gave me I bolted the other way. My insides shook as his laughter spread throughout the whole forest. Run, that's all I had left, I had to get away from him.

Looking around I figured I didn't know where the hell I was, was I even in the US anymore? My wolf suddenly tuned in and started yelling.

'Scarlette! What the hell is going on, why didn't you take him? It can't be because of nerves.'