CHAPTER 9:~~~Searchlight Knockout!~~~

• Dedicated to NINTENDO

Link stepped out of his hiding spot underneath the corridor and looked out at the three spotlights that were covering the fortress in blinding light. He had no clue how he was going to fight the bokoblins that were controlling the giant lights, let alone get up to them.

"If only there was some sort of stragety guide to assist me on this." Link thought.

*BZZZZZT* the pirates charm rang and Link heard Tetra speak again, "I would use my shield to deflect their weapons out of their hands if I were you...but what will you do?"

"Be quiet Tetra! Do you want me to be caught?" Hissed Link.

"You're the one yelling." Tetra pouted, "Listen kid, if someone sees us, we're outta here, ASAP got it? Your on your on if the pirate ship gets spotted."

"I know." Link swallowed nervously. He opened a door that led him into an open room. He was on the top floor, a lantern hung from the filing I between the separated parts of the 2nd floor. Peeking down, Link saw what was below. A couple of tables and shelves sat on the floor, dusty and looking worn out. Some rats dashed out from a hole in the wall and grabbed some old looking cheese. Immediately what seemed like small devils with pitchfork tails and tridents scattered around the mice. The entire bottom floor was full of what seemed to be a pack of demons to Link in a few seconds. The scene was accompanied by the most evil sound Links ears had ever heard. It sent goosebumps across his entire body and paralyzed him on fear, like a rabbit waiting to be eaten by a pack of wolves.

"Nyeh Nate! Nyeh Nyeh Nate!" The demons yelped and screeched as they tore apart the two rats and ate them as the unlucky ones fought for the food, and the REALLY unlucky ones were stabbed and killed by their fellow devils. It was the most grotesque thing that Link had ever seen, triumphing even the slaughtered pig in the Forest. Link scouted back, praying that Tetra wouldn't decide to talk now. He lay there for what seemed like hours and peeked back down to see that the room was empty, besides the dead bodies of one of the mini-devils.

"I'll call them Miniblins..." Link decided. After gathering up his courage, he leaped across the gap, grabbing the rope of the hanging lantern and swing across the gap.

"Who knew that Nikos training would be important?" He muttered. He felt an urge to peer to the left and behind several pots was....!!!! A TREASURE CHEST!!

DADADADA-DADADADA-DADADADA-DADADADADAAH~~~DADADADADAAAAH!!!

'You got the MAP!!!'

"Tetra, look at this map." Link held out the pirate's charm as he felt the familiar buzzing that told him Tetra was interpreting the map

After a few moments of consideration Tetra spoke,

"It seems that you have to follow the path you are on and turn left occasionally to knock out the spotlights you run into. Overall, just follow the path you're on." The stone grew dim and stopped its vibrating.

Link did as Tetra told him to do. As he walked outside he checked to the left of the corridor. Sure enough, there was a platform that led to a ladder to a obvious spotlight. Link took a breath and began to climb. At the top was a bokoblin spinning a mechanism that spun the spotlights. Over to Links left was a pot full of Deku Sticks. A plan formulated in Link's head. He would pick up the pot of Deku Sticks, sneak up behind the bokoblin operating the searchlight, throw it at him, when the bokoblin was down, grab the sticks and chunk them at the enemy, take two and beat it with the great stick of death. The plan was better in his head.

Everything went well until he started to throw the sticks at the fallen foe. The bokoblin was knocked to the ground when the pot smashed into it's back. Then Link began to throw the Deku Sticks at it. The bokoblin's hands reached up and grabbed the two sticks that Link had thrown and ninja kicked him in the face. Link fell on the ground, then quickly jumped back up and thrust his shield forward as the bokoblin swung its weapon at him. After a couple times of beating on the shield, the sticks flew out of it's hands. It stood there looking confused while Link gathered up his strength to attack.

"Hyah! *slash* Yaaar! *thonk*Nyaaahhh!" Link shouted as he somehow cut down the brute with a more or less dull stick. It vanished into the horribly familiar purple smoke and gathered up into a glowing ball. It looked like the bokoblin's soul.

*BBBZZTTT* "Thats what happens sometimes when the monster's soul feels that it is incomplete when it dies. For some reason, you can find it's spoils when you break it." Tetra spoke through the stone.

'What a creepy place this is.' Link mused.

He started to climb back down the ladder when he noticed that he could jump to another side of the corridor he found the first spotlight. Link jumped down over a small wall that would've blocked his way if he had not jumped from above. Landing on the ground with a thud and a grunt, he turned around and saw his next ladder.

Once again Link climbed up the ladder leading to the second searchlight. This time there was no pot full of Deku Sticks. A small tussle later and Link had the bokoblin's weapon.

"Yeaah!" Link executed a perfect jump attack and sliced the bokoblin's nose. It popped into purple smoke and blew away. With only one more spotlight to knock out, Link went to the main corrider and followed the map once again. The next room was similar to the last ones, Link was on a top platform, with a floor below him. This time was a little different. There was bunk beds on the wall, and a strange statue on the wall peering down at the floor. It looked like an obese bokoblin. Link once again jumped out to grab the hanging lantern, but this time his hand missed and he fell straight onto the floor with a crash. Immediately the statue on the wall jerked its face at Link and shot laser beams out of its eyes at Link.

The light beams sent a shock through Link's body, and he stumbled to get away from the center of the room where the statue's peering eyes could not see him. Link flopped on the ground, and the last thing he saw was a giant bokoblin throw a lantern on top of his twitching body and he felt the warmth of the flames as he drifted into unconsciousness...