CHAPTER 7:~~~FORSAKEN FORTRESS~~~

• Dedicated to NINTENDO

"Alright kid, it's gonna be a while so get down below deck and help out Niko with watever he's doing." Tetra's voice snapped Link back to reality. "I'll call you up here when we arrive."

Link wandered around the ship, not wanting to wash some pirates dirty undergarments. "Hey! Swabbie! Get below deck! This ain't a cruise!"

Link found the door and went inside. It was open spaced and had a staircase leading down. There was a door with some pirate guarding it. Link walked toward him to go down the staircase, but the pirate must have thought he was trying to get in.

"Neeeeyahhh! Whoa-whoa-whoa---WHOA! Not even real pirates like ME can cross this door! This is Tetra's room! I bet you would love to go in here kid!" He said, rather loudly. Link's ears were ringing and he was quite annoyed by this guy. He gave him an icy look and stalked off in the interior of the ship. Down there was big space, probably used for eating. There were wooden platforms about a foot off the ground. A ladder connected the bottom of the room to were Link was standing. Next to Link stood Niko.

"Hee-Haa! Swaabie! welcome to the training course of S.H.I.T! "It stands for the Swabbie Hard Intense Training! All the pirates had to go though this!" Niko sounded gleefully happy...

{[ Keep in mind these people don't have the same curse words as we do!]}

And so for he next couple of weeks of sailing, Link went through hard tasks of sweeping and swordplay and dishes and scraping barnacles off the side of the ship and worst of all...cleaning Pirate undergarments. Link was getting bored of his pirate life. Every day was the same thing...fish...eat...clean...avoid drunk people...(Tetra included)...eat...wash dirtiness. Link was even starting to talk with the pirate accent.

"Land HOOOO!" yelled Zuko from the Crow's nest. Link's hearts and hopes soared. He dashed to the side of he ship. What he saw in the distance made his heart drop to his stomach.

"Hey, Tetra, I thought it was a giant fortress, eh?" Link said over his shoulder. Tetra and Crew looked deeply amused. The shadowy haze that Link saw in the distance was just a ruin of an isle.

"That's just Greatfish Isle there you newbie! Gonzo (The Lame as Link and Niko called him) said, "Thars a Wanderin' Merchant livin' there, and we'll be tradin' with him when we get there."

"But-eh-de-de-de-de-daah..." Link pouted with his head on the railing of the ship. Link didn't want to stop now. It had taken them weeks because there was no tailwind to push them through the Great Sea. Now they had to stop and TRADE. The pirates started getting their goods and trade-stuff, Link never got to go with them because Niko went now that there was someone beneath him in rank.

"Hey, Link. Your'e comin' with us today. Niko we need you to gaurd the new products." Tetra commanded with a look at Link. Link was pleased that he got to see the process of trading, but was curious about the 'new product.' He heard the pirates talk about it in whispers when they were eating in the mess room. He suspected that Tetra didn't want him to know about it because he would steal some for his villagers, but knowing the pirates, it was probably some type of weapon. His villagers wanted nothing to do with violence, except Orca, but that was just swordplay. Link vaulted off the boat and landed in the shallow water. A bulky, muscular...thing wearing a vest and a hat that extended down to his wide lips hid his face except some eye-holes so he could see.

'Gor-' A name echoed through his head, but he soon forgot it and stared at the mysterious figure who also, as Link noticed, carried a huge backpack that was twice the size of himself...or herself.

"Goor. Are you here to trade?" The seemingly rock-thing took off his huge pack and set it on the ground with a thud. As the pirates started the negotiation, Link looked around the remaining land sticking out of the Sea. Link saw the remains of a house, leaning awkwardly on the cliff.

"That used to be my house there young lad Oro. It was destroyed in an awful tsunami." The Thing said. "Wait, a tsunami?" Gonzo asked, skeptical.

"Goro- That's what it felt like." The pirates loaded up and were blessed by a tailwind, speeding them up considerably. Link went down to Niko's place at the hull at the ship. There was Niko, waiting for him.

"Ahooy Swabbie! I have one last test for ya!" He said. "And if you pass this test...I'll give you some of the...ρϊяате тяеаšűяе." Link was more interested now that he heard this. He watched as Niko stepped onto a switch and the platforms on the floor far below raise up to their level.

"What you do is jump on this platform like sooo. Neeeyahh!!!" Niko ran and jumped onto the first platform, "And then you can't jump the next one because it is to far ya see." And Link saw that this was true.

"So you have to do this!!" Niko ran and jumped and grabbed a candlestick that was hanging by a rope from the ceiling. "He swung to the next platform, "Then just try to get to the other side! This is extremely hard and will take you at least a year!" Niko said when he got to the other side.

Link did it on the first time. "Neeeyaahh!!! how?!? da?!? should i give it too him...i doubt i'll get busted...okay...i'll do it." Niko debated quietly as Link waited. "Okay Swabie go get yer treasur!"

Link walked inside the room with the treasure chest inside. He opened it and.........................................DA-DA-DA-DAAAHH!!! You got the SPOILS BAG!

"LINK!!! GET UP ON THE DECK!!! WE'VE ARRIVED!!!" Tetra's voice rang out loud through the shutters above Link. Finally! I get to save my sister! Link ran up to the deck as fast as he could, almost running into the very flamboyant pirate guarding Tetra's room. He dashed onto the deck looking for Tetra.

"HEEEYY!! UP HERE LINK!!" Tetra yelled from the crow's nest. Link climbed up the long ladder as he had done so many times before. When he reached the top he saw Tetra looking worried.

"We have a problem. Look at the Fortress. It used to be just some hideout for some of our competition, but now it looks brand new control. Also, see that brigtly lit window over there? Have you ever seen that many seagulls flock near an island? I'll bet anything that that's where they're hiding you're sister. But how to get there...their security is tight with those three searchlights." Tetra told him. As Link looked out to the Fortress with his telescope, he saw that Tetra was right. Seven seagulls flew around the window Tetra was talking about and there was several searchlights on top of towers around the Forsaken Fortress.

"Sheee...we would get spotted before we could get any close at all." Tetra looked into the sky in despair. Then she got a little twinkle in her eye and looked at like with a little smirk on her face.

"I don't like that look." Link remarked aloud.

"How do you feel about flying island boy?" She replied. The last thing Link saw before everything went dark was the flat of a blade swinging toward his face.

"Ahh crap" was Link's last thought.