CHAPTER 6:~~~Venture Forth~~~

• Dedicated to NINTENDO

Light shone into Links eyes as he stepped out into the clearing of the plateau. "Brother!" Aryll started across the rickety bridge when something bad happened.

"Hey Sis!" Link went to her.

Out of nowhere the giant crowned eagle swooped down on Aryll and took her in it's mighty grasp! It flew away, with Aryll screaming, "BROTHER!!! HELP ME!!!" Link ran forward and jumped off the edge. Failure was inedible. He plummeted downwards when he felt a sturdy grip on his wrist.

"You stupid kid! She's gone, there's nothin' you can do about it!" the pirates hauled him up on the ground. Their voices were harsh, but their faces grim.

Link then passed out.

He came to a few minutes later seeing the two pirates talking. He got up and went to them.

"Hey. He's up." Gonzo nudged Tetra. "What do you wan't kid?" She sounded annoyed.

"I want to go with you."

"Whaaat?!? On our ship! We are Pirates! You know, the terror of the seas? What would we get out of some snot-nosed brat running around our ship?"

"I don't care! You owe me one!" Link argued

"How?!?!?!"

"I killed the creatures that were going to eat you when you were dangling from that tree!"

"There were no creatures you crazy kid!"

"There Were! You were to be busy being unconscious!"

"Even if there were, I could've handled it myself!"

"Your lucky I was there! You couldn't fight if you were being slaughtered alive!"

"That's enough!" Gonzo thrust his sword in between them. "Do not speak like that to her."

"But you-"

"Look kid, I know you want to do something about your sister, but that doesn't have anything to do with us now does it?"

"Ohohoho! I beg to differ! The postman flew down next to them. He had a human figure, but had a beak, wings extruding from his arms, and talons for feet.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, who do you think you are butting into someone's conversation like that?!?" Gonzo said.

"All I mean to say is that if you big bad pirates hadn't come to this island, that poor little girl wouldn't have been snatched away!"

"What are you saying?!" Tetra demanded.

"Be quite! As I am a postman, my job requries me to go all over the Great Sea. I hear a lot of rumors...It seems that girls with long pointy ears like yours have been captured never to be seen again. The postman informed Tetra. "The girl that was just taken had long ears didn't she? So it must haven mistaken YOU for the girl. So you are involved." ".........." Tetra was speechless. "And if I'm not mistaken, it was young Link here who saved you from the Moblins in the forest."

"............."

"And I may as well tell you that the bird has made it's nest in the Forsaken Forest." Go Postman!

"The Forsaken Fortress! Gonzo isn't that wh-" Tetra was cut short again.

"You might as well give Link here some help."

".....Fine. But at least go and find something to protect yourself with. I've heard nothing but rumors about that place. It's covered in all sorts of Moblins! Just bringing that cheap training sword is not BRAVERY! It's STUPIDITY!" Tetra commanded. "Even this tiny island must have some sort of shield."

"Okay." Link smiled.

"But we won't return here for a while so say goodbye to your family."

At this Link became depressed. 'How will I tell Grandma?' Link walked over to his house. The door creeped open as he steeped inside. He looked around the house, but there was no sign of her. "Maybe she's up the ladder. I need that shield." Link climbed the ladder and came to notice that his Grandma wasn't there either. And the shield was gone too! He climbed back down and headed for the door when he heard a voice.

"Link, are you looking for this?"

"Grandma!" Link ran to her and they embraced.

She had the shield in her arms. This has been in our family for generations. Take good care of it. It's all right now, take it."

DADADADAAAHH!!!! 'Stupid Whacko Noise'

"Grandma-" "I know, I know...what kind of horrible monster would take such a sweet, innocent, little girl?" She broke down weeping. "Bring her back Link. Bring her back." Link left her grieving on her rocking chair.

As he got out Sue-Belle approached "Link....a bird just...just toke off Aryll..." Link walked past her, heading for the dock.

Orca was there waiting. "It seemed I was right...there was something amiss...Link give me the sword back."

"Whaat!" Link protested.

"And take this one instead." In Link's hands lay a brilliant ancient sword. It was kind of short, but it fit his height perfectly. It had a wooden handle, a round pommel, about a three foot long blade, and a brilliant ruby planted on the swordguard.

"This was said to be used by the ancient hero of time. Care for it well."

"I will." Link joined the pirates by the ship.

"You'll be with Niko on the journey, Link." Tetra said

"Haha, a new swabbie to wash everybodies underwear!! Niko was considerably happy. He reminded Link of a rat, buck teeth, and naruto-like whiskers on his cheeks.

"C'mon Niko, board the ship." Gonzo said.

*Byaang!* The giant cymbol on the ship erupted in Link's ears. "TO SEA!!!" Tetra called out.

"TO SEA!!!" The crew answered. "Gonzo, take the wheel! Zuko to the Crow's nest! Mako help Gonzo navigate! Nudge, guard my cabin! Senza get to the catapult! I want to repay that stupid bird in full!" Tetra gave out orders like a champ. "Aye, Aye MISS TETRA!" "What do I do!?!" Niko called out.

"You can get the hell back to cleaning me underwear swabbie!" Senza called across the deck. Niko stalked downstairs. Link stood at the back of the ship, watching all of his friends and family cheer as he departed. "GOOD LUCK! COME BACK AND VISIT! GO SAVE YOUR SISTER LINK!"

"This is your last chance to back out." Tetra was standing next to him, leaning on a wooden post. "You could go back and live the good life on the island with all your friends. Forget about your sister and get married. Is that what she would want?"

"Not in your life."

Tetra smiled "I'll call you when we get there."

Suddenly, Link spotted his Grandma on her porch. She waved to him. 'Goodbye Grandma.' Link pulled out his blade and thrusted it in the air.

'Good bye island...Good bye Orca...Good bye islander life...Hello to one hell of an adventure.'