CHAPTER 18: ~~~Blow from Above~~~

• Dedicated to NINTENDO

   Two torches on either side of the room dimly lighted the inside of the cavern. The air inside was cold, but the stone around them was hot.  Up some steps sat three statues upon blocks, lining up side by side in front of a wall. The statues had both Link and Refsteus confounded. Neither of them had seen such a beast. It seemed to be just a head of a creature, with a humanoid face. Thick lips, a big nose and facial hair carved into it. Across the side of it’s head were nine spikes, up from the side of the neck to the top of the head and down the other side they lay. The statues were all dark stone, but the one on the right was overgrown with moss and while the other two looked movable, this one was lodged in between some stones and seemed to be stuck to the wall from plants growing inside of it and connecting it to the inside of the wall.

   The wall behind the statues depicted two green serpent-like dragons, with orange spikes and a red mane. They were drawn symmetrically to each other, and in between the two of them was a symbol that Link had been noticing a lot in the Ruto’s home.

   “Hey, how do you suppose Medli got through these blocks?” Refseteus asked upon further inspection of the statue-blocks.

  “Uh…pfft I don’t know. Let’s just say magical Ruto powers and leave it at that.” Link  tried tugging back on one of the statues. “Hey this one is loose help me slide it back so we can move the other one.”

   “What-hnng-‘s the goal here? Is there some kind of-ommfgg-door behind it?” Refsteues said in between grunts. With the first one moved down a small gateway become slightly clear.

   “Uh yeah probably.” Link pulled the blocks with ease compared to Refsteus’ trouble, thanks to the pirate’s training. The last block pulled revealed a small doorway just small enough for Link and Refsteus to fit through one at a time.

   “Ssshhhh…There might be enemies inside here…lets sneak in real quite-like.” Link told Refsteus as he ninja-ed his way inside the next room.

   This next room was quite large, stalactites hung from the ceiling and some connected to stalagmites on the ground, making tall rock pillar-ish forms.  The room was very humid, and there was small holes in the ground that shot up blasts of air every now and then, like a mini gas only geyser.

   “Dude check out those two ugly dudes.” Refsteus patted Link’s shoulder and indicated at two bokoblins standing guard at a stair case leading to a locked door.

   “I’m more intrigued at that giant pot overfilling with green gas over to the left of ‘em.” Link slowly got up and started moving towards the ramp leading down to the enemies, “Stay here. You don’t have a weapon yet so I’ll take care of this.”

   “Uh-all right…don’t die.” Refsteues whispered back.

   One bokoblin was sitting down asleep but the other guard stood upright sniffing the ground and air attentively.  Link crept up, trying to get the sleeping one by surprise but suddenly Link felt a pain on his side and flew off towards the wall.

  “EEHHNYAAHH!!” The bokoblin had hit Link with his deku stick and was now waking his companion up.

  “Heeeyyy! I said DON’T die!!!” Refsteus shouted from the other side of the room.

   The bokoblin went in for another strike on Link, but it was too late for it. Drawing his sword as Link’s enemy swung at him, the Hero sword clashed against the deku stick at an odd angle and snapped it in half as Link took a swing at the now awake bokoblin.

   The sword sliced throw it’s face, making a shallow cut on the bokoblin’s forehead. 

Blood ran down it’s face and into its eyes as it began to flail around trying to hit Link as the other one went in for a karate kick of which Link blocked with his shield and returned with a stab in it’s stomach, making the monster fade into dark purple ashes and explode lightly.