46

Today was off. Today want right. There was a tension in the air.
Yet, it was unexplainable.
Stefanie felt a pit in her stomach.
It was unnatural.
"I don't like this," Jonah sat in the warm,open chair which the cafe held.
"What?"
Zach asked his eyes nearly falling out of his head. "Why?"
He shrugged. "They don't sell chocolate muffins."
"You okay Stefanie?" Daniel asked placing his hand on her shoulder.
"Y-yea." She nodded. "I'll be right back." She got up, just as Jack and Gabriela sat down. Ignoring all questions she walked outside, and focused on her breathing,Calming her nerves.
She walked back slowly, like her legs weighed her down.
"I'm gonna get going guys," she smiled and grabbed her windbreaker from her chair.
"Why?"
"I'm just having a bad day, I'm gonna go shower." She shrugged.
"Well we'll go too, we need to get home for dinner." Jonah nodded.
They all walked to the car, slowly. They drove quickly to their homes, Jonah quickly parked the car as he drove into the empty parking garage.
"Leggo" They all steppes our of the cold car and into the warm LA weather, Making slow strides to the elevators. Jack's phone rang. The contact name read "Damian" he answered the phone, his face dropping quickly.
"Oh-I-yea sure. Is everything okay?" There was a moment of silence. Then Jack put his phone away.
"D-Damian wants you to call him,
"Why did he just call me?"
Jack remained silent. She took out her phone and dialed her brother.
"He-Hey" He was shaking.
"He-whats wrong?"
"Stefanie, are-are you alone?"
"No?"
"Go to your room with Jack, and jack only."
She nodded forgetting that he couldn't see her.
"Oh-Okay" She stuttered out. The elevator doors opened and they rode up to their floors. When they reached their home, she excused herself and jack, walking to her room. Stefanie dialed her brother.
"I'm alone, what's wrong?"
"I-it's-ughh" he groaned. "I can't do this,"
The sound of the phone being passed filled the air.
"Mi hija hermosa (my beautiful daughter)" her fathers voice rang in. She giggle softly at her fathers actions.
"What's wrong pa?"
"Ah, well honey" his Mexican accent peeking through as he began to speak English. "The man who," he stopped. "The man who hit you that night, he's out of jail mija."
Stefanies heart stopped. Her hands began to shake. The man who cause her brain and body to fall apart barely received any consequence. Yes jail was a consequence but was that enough for why he'd done?
Jack took the phone, quickly said goodbye then hung up.
"It's not fair." she shook her head.
"I guess the world isn't a wish granting factory," He referenced her favorite book. "Stefanie you'll be okay, he's all the way back home and we're here."
"I know Jack, But it isn't fair. That man is the reason that I suck, that I cried myself to sleep almost every night for months, that I have to take medication, that I'm all messed up!" She was so frustrated. Tears began to fall out of her eyes, it wasn't just sadness though. It was a mix of anger, frustration, and sadness. The view jack had only made him hurt, it made him cry.
"Don't cry babygirl,"
"How can I not bubba?" She turned to him.
"Because you're making me cry," tears ran down both of their cheeks.
"I'm sorry, but I can't stop" she began to sob. He pulled her into his chest.
"It's okay," he sniffled. "Pain deserves to be felt,"
"You watched the movie didn't you" she chuckled softly, tears still no stopping.
"I was thinking of you."
"I hate you" she shook her head.
"Why?" His embrace tightened.
"You make it so hard to not love you, I want to love you but I can't."
"Why can't you love me?"
"You have a girlfriend jack." He shook his head.
"I'm sorry," she Just sniffled.
"What's his name?"
"Who?"
"The...guy?"
"I don't know. My dad does."
"How did it happened?" He asked. She cried, grabbing onto his shirt.
"I was at Happys he was drunk,"
They stood their for what felt like hours just crying in each other's arms. He pulled apart and looked into her broken eyes.
"I'm so sorry" 
She stared into his eyes. Their faces only an inch apart. His hands dropped from her waist and up to her neck and her cheek. She felt electrify coursing through her.
"I'm so so sorry," he leaned in closer.
Her hands tightly grabbed onto his shirt. Then it happened,he closed the space in between them. Both of their tears falling onto their cheeks mixing.
The most beautiful piece of broken artwork.
Each salty tear was nothing to them. This was everything however.
They pulled apart.
"Babygirl,"
"Bubba"
"I'm so in love with you,"
"I'm so in love with you"
"What have we done?" He chuckled.
"I don't know," he ran his finger over her lower lip. He kissed her again.
"Me either but I loved it"
"I love you"

A/N okay quick question Harry Styles or Shawn Mendes?
Also what do you think??