45

The group of friends drove home from downtown . You'd expect them to all be yelling and laughing, but they weren't. They were all exhausted from their downtown LA adventures. As Jonah drove with Corbyn to his side they passed an array of buildings and houses. In the back sat Zach, Jack, and Stefanie. Daniel, didn't tag along today he was hanging out with some of his best friends Corey and Tyler. Gabriela was doing the same. Corbyn and Zach had both fallen asleep while the others, would stay awake for the rest of the long ride. They drove for a few more minutes, when all the traffic began to slow down more then normal. Cars were barely moving.
"I wonder what's wrong" jack said softly.
"Me too" Jonah nodded.
They drove about a mile ahead when the finally saw it. A car accident. Oh the painful irony. Memories flooded Stefanies mind. The night everything went wrong.
~
"Hello Stefanie!" Happy smiled.
"Hey!" She smiled sitting on the stool, she needed nothing but a milkshake right now. Jack had just cut her off completely, and this is what she needed.
"The usual?"
"Like always" she replied unenthusiastically.
"What's wrong dear?"
"Jack, we're...fighting, I guess."
"Oh honey I'm sorry, your meal is on the house." He smiled. Just then Lucy, happys wife, walked to Stefanie and she handed her a tray of fries and a medium milkshake.
"Thanks lulu" she smiled.
"No problem!" She walked next to Happy.
"Why are you here so late dear? We don't see you unless it's noon?"
"Shes fighting with Jack" happy whispered.
"Ah," she nodded. Stefanie shrugged and continued their conversation,until she finished eating.
"Thank you guys," she handed them a $5 bill. "I know you said I didn't have to pay but here." She smiled and walked out. She sat in the car and tapped her fingers against the wheel. She started the car and pulled out of the small parking lot slowly and carefully.
A loud screech filled her ears, she turned and saw a red pickup truck driving full speed to her. She reacted as quickly as possible, but it wasn't fast enough. Time began to go in slow motion. Somehow she made eye contact with the driver, his eyes red and puffy, he was drunk.
She blinked, once her eyes opened again, the trunk collided into her small car.  She felt as if she had just gotten the wind knocked out of her, like when you would fall really hard and fast on your back off the swing. Exactly like that, except this went quickly. A loud obnoxious ringing filled her ears, blood trickled down her nose, and pain filled her body.
Then,
Everything went black.
~
"Stefanie?" Jack said for what felt like the 100th time.
"Hm?" She asked snapping back into reality but not taking her eyes of the two broken cars.
She was so out of it that she didn't even notice she had a few tears rolling down her cheeks. She quickly wiped them and took a deep breath.
"Are-are you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah" she answered barely audible.
Instead of pushing her he opened his arms. Immediately she immediately she melted into them. His arm around her shoulder, and her head on the right side of his chest. His other hand wiped her final tear with the pad of his thumb.
"It's okay Babygirl" he smiled a smile full of sympathy.
"I just-" her breathing quickened as they continued to drive. The safety of his arms only calming her to a certain extent. He didn't know what to do, he never saw her like this.
"We'll be there in a few minutes." Jonah called from the front.
That's to much time.
"I-I ca-can't" She stutters.
"Baby it'll be okay, you'll be okay. Breath." Jack soothed her. This was odd for them both. She was used to Daniels voice calming her nerves. She was used to him saying:
"Sis  focus on me. Breath with me. You'll be okay."
As for him, he didn't know what to do, how to react, nor what to say.
Suddenly he remembered when Daniel was talking,about Stefanie.
"She usually needs help breathing, and staying calm. Like any panic attack." He explained to a clearly confused Zach.
"Listen baby, breath." He tightened his grip on her. "Don't worry. Just breath."
Her breathing slowed. It began to go to normal. Slowly.
"I-I'm sorry." She shook her head.
"It's okay Love." He smiled. All she did was nod. The car came to a stop as they parked in the parking garage. A sleepy Zach and Corbyn made their way slowly to their apartment, while the other three went quickly. Wanting nothing but their beds.
"Finally" Gabriela smiled at her boyfriend. "I missed you" she kissed him. Usually this would hurt Stefanie to the point where she would nearly cry, but now she need a certain someone to calm her. Someone familiar when she was in this state of mind.
"Have you seen Daniel?" She shakily asked Gabriela.
"Yeah, he said you guys had plans so he's in your room." She smiled. Stefanie thanked her and ran to her room, she pushed the door opened and saw the boy she looked at as her brother sitting on her bed while on his phone.
"Hey-" He was cut of by her closing the door and sliding her back against the wall.
"What's wrong sis?" He asked walking toward her, sitting next to her.
"I-i saw- a" She stopped and buried her head into his chest. He immediately feltn the cold tears soak through his thin t-shirt.
"An accident. Just like mine." She cried.
"Oh," he shook his head. "Don't worry. You're okay, you're getting better. Don't pull yourself back, okay? You need to move forward." She nodded into his chest.
"Wasn't Jack their?"
"Yeah,"
"Did he help?"
"Yeah, But I needed him. When it was happening-it was to foreign, I don't blame him. I really hope I didn't hurt him." She shook her head.
"Go talk to him," he smiled. His phone chimed.
"What about the flash binge?"
"I'll be okay," his phone chimed again. Stefanie grabbed it quickly and saw he was texting a very familiar girl.
"Awwww! Do you finally have a potential girlfriend?" Stefanie smiled softly.
"Yeah, same girl as always" He scratched the back of his neck.
"I won't be nosy-" she stopped and read the name. "Starting now, I hope you and 'Angi💗' don't do anything to frisky." She joked. He hit her arm.
"Now go" they both walked to the door.
"Bye, Love you, be safe, text me when you're home." She smiled and kissed his cheek.
"Yes mom," he rolled his eyes.
"Fuck you too then"
"Bye, i love you to, i will, i always do, and no thank you I'd rather not be fricked." he smiled and kissed her cheek. She flipped him off as he walked off.
"Frick you Rodriguez." He waved. She laughed and closed the door. She met the eyes of the one and only Jack Avery.
"You okay love?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'm sorry. I hope I didn't make you feel bad for going to Daniel. It's just... he and Syd are the only ones who's can really calm me down. Not that that's against you, but it's just hard. This way of being, so distraught, is hard and I just-" she was cut off by him. He was suddenly now right in front of her with his finger under her chin.
"Don't worry baby. You're okay." He kissed her cheek. Sending electricity through their body.
"I love you bubba" she hugged him tightly.
"Awe. You haven't called me that since I invented curly fry." He smiled, hugging her tightly.
"I think that's what your name will be from now on." She smiled.
"Alright, you're name will be...babygirl."
"Why?"
"I don't know that's all I could think of." She laughed into his chest.
"I still love you bubba."
"I never stopped loving you babygirl."
The noise of the bathroom door opened.
Stefanie pulled apart quickly kissing his cheek.
"Goodnight baby." She smiled.
That simple word, baby, cause thousands of butterflies to erupt in his stomach. She barely called him that anymore. He missed it.
"Goodnight." He blushed.
"Hey baby" Gabriela smiled.
It's not the same. It'll never be the same. That electricity that is sent through his body, is something only Stefanie could do.

A/N: I'm sorry for sucking at updates :/
Buttttt I wanted to thank you all for the love that you show me and this book, and for the great response I got on the rant i posted earlier. So thank you, i love you all. I hope you have a great rest of your day love :) 🖤