chapter 39

Zavian and I are watching TV and talking about us. Like how our future is gonna be! You know The things we all worry about.

"You know that girls are gonna be all over you. Girls that are skinny and prettier than me."

"Baby I don't give a damn about The girls. It's all about you and nobody else. Don't worry about them. I promise you. Baby you got me. I love you just The way you are." He kisses me on The lips and I look into his eyes and see that he means what he's saying.

"You're saying that right now, but things change." I say doubting what he's saying.

"You know what? I'm gonna have to go Musiq Soulchild on you." He starts to sing Don'tchange by Musiq Soulchild. He stands up bringing me with "Lately you've been questioning if I still see you the same wayCause through these trying years we gonna both physically changeNow don't you know you'll always be the most beautiful woman I knowSo let me reassure you darling that my feelings are truly unconditional, see(Chorus)I'll love you when your hair turns grey girlI still want you if you gained a little weight, yeahThe way I feel for you will always be the sameJust as long as your love don't change (no)I was meant for you and you were meant for me, yeahAnd I make sure that I'll be everything you need, YeahGirl the way we are is how it's gonna beJust as long as your love don't changeCause I'm not impressed more or less by them girls on the TV or magazinesCause honestly I believe that your beauty is way more then skin deepIt's everything about you makes me feel I have the greatest gift in the worldAnd even when you get on my last nerveI couldn't see myself being with another girl[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/m/musiq_soulchild/dont_change.html ](Chorus)I'll love you when my hair turns grey girlI still want you if you gained a little weight, yeahThe way I feel for you will always be the same (just as long)Just as long as your love don't change (just as long as your love yeah)I was meant for you and you were meant for me, yeah (meant for me)And I make sure that I'll be everything you need, yeahGirl the way we are is how it's gonna be (just as long yeah)Just as long as your love don't change (yeah)So don't waste your time worrying aboutSmall things that ain't relevant to meCause to my understanding your all I want and needSee what I'm gonna say is I'm here to stayAnd as long as your love doesn't change for meBaby darling I swear that I, I swear I ain't going nowhere (no) I'll love you when your hair turns grey girlAnd I still want you if you gained a little weight, yeahThe way I feel for you will always be the same (just as long)Just as long as your love don't change (just as long as your love stays the Same yeah)I was meant for you and you were meant for me, yeah (meant for me)And I make sure that I'll be everything you need, yeahGirl the way we are is how it's gonna be Just as long as your love don't change (Choir and Musiq)You are my baby (you're my baby yeah yeah)Don't you change baby (don't you change baby no)I love you I do know (baby you gotta understand that I love you baby yeah yeah)(Don't you know, you gotta know you got to know) (Yeah oh oh yeah)"

I lean my head back into his chest. He gently kisses my ear.

"This is my song for you.. It's how I feel. I don't care about anything else just don't change your love baby."

.

My eyes are closed but I'm in his arms and I feel safe. My head is laid perfectly in the crook of his neck now. We're swaying to his own beat that he's made up. I'm simply going along with him. Following his lead. "You wanna know something?" He whispers gently in my ear. I've heard him say this before. I've been in this moment before. I just can't put my tongue on it

."What?" I reply back.

"You're beautiful. Have I ever told you that?"

I laugh softly."Of course. You always do."

He strokes my cheek with the palm of his hand. He slowly turns around so that I'm facing him,but my eyes are still closed. I can't open them. He brings his lips to mine and gently kisses me. His hands go around my waist and I wrap my hands around his neck. I open my mouth. Ready to let him in,but he pulls away."Look at me."

I try to open my eyes but they won't give.

More sternly he says."Genesis look at me." His hands cup my face and I keep trying to open my eyes. He hugs me tightly,and I lay my head on his shoulder

" Please look at me." He's getting impatient. Finally I look up at me. He grabs my chin.

"Don't worry about The material things please or The simple things that don't matter to me. You keep your heart strong for me. You're beauty is on both surfaces. But your heart is where your beauty truly shines. You're a great girl and I'm blessed to have you buy my side. Any other girl would've left me for that stunt I pulled with The miscarriage. You stuck with me though. When you found out I cheated not once but more than once. You stayed with me. Showed me how much I need you. You could've busted The windows out my car even never come back to me. You stayed in my corner in The square that I made. You've just always been there, and you love me baby even when I hurt you. Which it scares The hell out of me. You're always covering for me when I hurt you. You might not know it but you have me on a leash and everytime I pull away or step out of line you pull me back. Always worried about me and what's best for me! You make me happy just to wake up in The morning. I love you baby and-" he gets down on one knee. He's not doing what I think he's doing.

"I know that we just got back together and that this might be completely special but telling you all of that made it more clear. I wanna grow old with you. I want to make you happy and be your best friend. So Genesis Rene Lane... baby will you marry me?" Not knowing how to respond I just nod my head and cry.

"Baby please say yes. I might not have a ring yet but I will. I know you may be thinking that we're going to fast but I've made up my mind. I know I've put you through a lot but I'm gonna make it up to you-"

"Yes!! " I choke out. "Yes I will marry you!" He slowly stands up then brings me into a long sensual heavenly bliss filled kiss!

That's when I realize that I have somewhat lived this moment already. I dreamed about this but Zavian didn't sing to me but still. So I've been proven wrong. Love is truly not judged by appearance.

So that's The end for now! There will be a sequel! I was kinda gonnaput it all into one book but I decided not too! Didn't want it too long! But I wanna say thank you to everyone who read commented voted and fanned me! I love you all! Everybodys comments made me smile or helped me along The way with The book! So thank you so very much! Wanna dedicate this chapter to Lovable_Sydney! :)