Chapter 24

One week later

It's been a week since we broke up, but I find myself doing just fine. I miss him just a little bit, but I keep telling myself that I'm correcting him. Kevin told me that in two Weeks it's the draft. Both of them are getting drafted. To what team I don't know. Kevin said that most likely Zavian will be the number one draft pick. I feel bad because I've left him at a time like this. He just found out he might have aids and he lost his girlfriend. That's a lot to take in. Speaking of aids. We're both getting tested today. We decided that we should go together,and ask them if we can receive the results together. I've been looking at the symptoms online,and I really don't have any of them,asef the weight loss. I think that's stress though. I've been eating healthy a lot too though. I started walking with Drew in the evenings. She's been helping me out since the break up. I was gonna go home but I didn't want to. Only Kevin knows my parents still think I'm with Zavian. I really wanna know why he cheated on me,but I'm afraid if I do then we'll end up going down again. I want the truth even though it's gonna put me through some pain. I've been praying that I don't have aids. Well that we don't have aids. I don't even wanna think about if I do. My phone rings. It's Zavian. The place is all the way In Mesquite sowe're both going to save gas. That's his reason why. I don't think that's the truth,but oh well it's only a half an hour away.

"Yeah." I answer the phone.

"I'm on my way. Be outside." He says.

"Ok."

"Ight." Then he hangs up. Everything said to me from him is short. I wonder how he's doing with the whole thing. I walk outside. It's a little chilly,but I don't have time to go back in. knocking him he's driving fast. He pulls up right as I'm thinking it. I laugh to myself. Getting In I put on my seatbelt.

"What you laughing for?" He asks while looking In the mirror to back out.

"Nothing just thinking of something." I smile at him. His hazel eyes hard instead of their usual calm relaxed look. I give him a grim look.

"What's been going on with you?"

"Stressing. You know with all of this. Plus draft is coming up. Just dealing with too much right now." That's what you get for cheating. I think. If he wouldn't have cheated we wouldn't be In this situation,but I guess we all learn from our mistakes. That's just life.

"Yeah Kevin told me. He says he thinks you'll be the number one draft pick."

"Yeah,I'm coming straight out of high school though. College players have a better chance."

"Don't doubt yourself. You'll do fine. You're a great player. You can dunk on Kevin... Not many people can do that." I say laughing. I remember the first time he dunked on Kevin. Kevins Mouth nearly dropped. Nobody could believe it.

"You remember when I first-?"

"Yeah I was just thinking about that-" He grabs my hand.

"Kissed you. Not the first dunk on Kevin but when I first kissed you." We're at a red light he looks at me his eyes softening from their hard look earlier.

"Zavian...let's not talk about that or even us right now." I yank my hand away. Putting both of my hands In my lap.

"My bad."

"It's fine. So who do you wanna be with?"

"Double answer question. I wanna be with you. " He glances at me.

"I was talking about teams. You knew that."

"That was my second answer. I wanna be withThe Heat or Oklahoma City." He says smiling.

"Well I'm sure you'll get on one of em."

"Yeah hopefully. I'll take whatever though." He turns on the radio. I guess that's saying that he doesn't wanna talk anymore. It was kind of getting uncomfortable talking to him, and him acting like that. He doesn't know how much I still love him,but I'm correcting him.

Sooooooo poor Zavian llz!! I'm gonna upload again tonight. The next chapter is most likely going to be what you've all been waiting for. But I will say this. I don't know much about aids so most likely the next chapter won't be all facts! Sorry forgive me!