Chapter 13

When I wake up againKevin is here and Zavian is gone. I'm happy though that Kevin is here,but who bailed him out. I'm afraid to ask him because he looks mad. "Kevin?" He gives me a glance." What's up lil sis? Didn't know you were standing there." I sit down next to him on the couch." I've been staring at you for a minute. " He trys to give me a smile but it doesn't work. " Alright stalker." I raise my eyebrows at him. "Nah." A smile also tries to appear on my face. We sit In silence for about five minutes. Then Kevin huts my leg and gets up."Well lil sis. I need some time alone. Jail...it got to me." He starts to walk out but I grab his hand."Wait who bailed you out?"

"Mama." I'm speechless. Maybe she isn't such a machine or maybe she felt bad. Or maybe a voice In my mind says she cares about her son. I brush the thought away. Kevin walks out the living room. I really don't know where he's going. He looks drained. I've never seen my brother like this before. And now that he's out the worst cones to mind. What if our dad presses charges on Kevin? Maybe that's why he wants some time alone. He's probably thinking the same thing that's running through my mind. I can't seem to figure out what I did to have all this crap happening to me all at once. What could I have possibly done to deserve this? Sitting by the door is some bags. They look like they've just been stuffed with no care at all In the world. I wish I could've been there. Maybe I could've stopped them from going to jail or Kevin fighting. Zavian...I don't know what to say about him right now. I really think he has anger issues and I don't want to addresses him with it, but then again I do. I just want to know. He broke my dads ribs just over a little mark on his face. I'm not saying that he didn't deserve it,but still his strength scares me. Zavian is sweet,gentle,kind, and caring. It would be impossible for him to have anger issues right? I shouldn't be thinking about this right now... Speaking of Zavian I wonder where he is. We've been going out for like three Weeks but I feel like I already love him. Nobody from school really knows since basically school was out when we started going out. I feel deep feelings for him though. I'm afraid to tell him that I love him. Now with my thoughts of him having anger issues scares me even more. How does he feel? I've known him for so long. What if what i'm feeling is the love that I've always felt for him. He deserves more than me. Better than me. Why is he even with me? I'm just about to go into deep thought about our relationship when the door opens. Zavian and this pretty. I mean pretty black girl walks in. " Hey babe. You were sleep when Kevin got here. So I went to go see some of my bros." I nod my head. Who is this girl! I really don't care about where he has been. I care,but not right now. He goes straight into the kitchen. The girl sits down making herself comfortable. I can't help but stare her down. She's so pretty. She looks like she's came straight out of a magazine with greenish eyes. She's pretty. "Y'all want anything to drink." Zavian says from the kitchen. We both answer at the same time with a no. She stares at me too. It's probably because i'm phat. Now Zavian deserves someone like her...Zavian comes In the living room plopping down next to me. Putting his arm around my shoulder. He's drinking some of course apple juice. I can't believe he's not going to introduce this girl and I. I nudge him In his side."

"What?" He looks away from the TV giving me a rude look. Then taking a sip of his juice. Jerk. Finally the girl speaks."Since Jackass here isn't going to introduce us and you clearly weren't going to introduce yourself then I'll introduced myself. Someone has to be the bigger person. I'm Drew." Her comment kind of throws me off even though it's true.

"I'm Genesis."

She smiles."Nice to meet you. I'm his cousin. I've heard a lot about you. You're a beautiful girl."

A blush spreads across my face. "Thanks."

"Jackass!!!" Zavian turns off the TV. "What Drew? Damn i'm trying to watch TV! Yall keep interrupting! Damn."

"Nigga shut up!! Tutn on your damn TV or take yo ass to yo room! Hell Sis and I are gonna talk. Take yo ass on!" My Mouth drops. Zavian just gets up and walks off with a shut the fuck up Drew then shutting the door. What's wrong with him?

"So Sis?"

"What's wrong with him I ask her?" She rolls her eyes."He doesn't like when his anger gets to him."

"Why?"

"Hell because his ass can't control it." Well that explains a lot.

"I didn't know that..." She laughs.

"Of course you didn't. He doesn't tell anybody. You probably were never going to find out. But hey don't tell him I told you. Don't want his ass on my damn case." I nod my head.".I understand and thanks for telling me. I really like you. You're a..you know I just have a feeling that I can trust you." She nods her head." Yeah you can but listen here. I'll be back In a hour-wait do you wanna come with me?"

" Where?" I would love to go actually.

"The mall."

"Yeah sure." She grabs some keys out of her purse. " Lets go then."

I stop In the doorway." You don't need your purse." She hops In a black corolla." Girl naw. I'm window shipping." Well this can't be too bad. I get In the car myself and we head to the mall. This will hopefully help Me not think of Zavian and his problem.

Sorry I didn't upload on Saturday. Had late fathers day shopping to do so never got around to writing it! I tried to make it long though! Hopefully you all like it!! Vote comment fan!! Tell me what you think. I'll upload again tomorrow! Sorry for any spelling mistakes! :)