Chapter Seven: The Proposal and Drunken Brides

I woke up in the morning to find someone jumping on my bed. Cracking an eye open I looked to see Chance there. What the hell was this idiot doing waking me up so early in the morning? Groaning I sat up and then kicked him to the floor. He landed with a satisfying –oof!- and was up before I knew it.

“Senna, get up!”

“Why Chance?”

“Cause I’m gonna do it today!”

My eyes widened as I hurriedly sat up, “What!? Do you have everything planned out? Where is it going to be and who should I call?”

“Whoa, whoa! Calm down please. Yes I have everything planned out, I was going to propose in the park when we take Max for a walk and I’m going to need your help with that part. Also you don’t need to call anyone because I’ve already taken care of that.”

“Alright but what am I gonna be doing exactly?”

“I’ll let Max go off his leash and you ‘re going to get him to go over to you. You give him the ring box and then text me when we’re a go. I’ll call him back and then boom I’ll pop the question.”

“Alright but are you sure Max won’t eat the box?”

Chance grinned as he turned toward the door and took the velvet box out of his pocket, “C’mere Max!” He called.

   Quirky little Max came up into the room and before Chance could say anything leapt onto my bed; right on top of me. The air left my lungs while his furry little paws dug into my stomach. Throwing him off me I took a couple of deep breaths while Chance laughed his ass off.

   Glaring at him I looked to Max, “Max, attack.” I simply ordered. In an instant Max leaped off the bed and crashed into Chance. Chance let out a surprised yell as the dog tackled him down and began to nibble on his arms and fingers. He tried to push him off but Max was not going anywhere.

   After a few minutes of the entertainment I whistled for Max to stop. The lovely collie stopped and then trotted right back to beside my bed. I scratched behind his hears and began to tell him about how much of a good boy he was; oh how Max loved this.

“O-okay… Come here Max.”

Max walked over to the winded Chance and sat down; looking up with bright icy blue eyes.

“Open.”

Max opened his mouth while Chance set the box into his mouth. He then looked up at me with triumph.

“See? Now after this you’ll send me a text and then say ‘Go find mommy!’”

At that moment Max perked his ears up and then ran out of the room; with the ring.

“Did-”

“Chance he has the ring and he’s going to find Val!” I yelled before pelting out of my room.

   Racing down the hallway I saw Max just beginning to go down the stairs. “Max!” I called out but he ignored me; he was on a mission of his own. I really wanted to curse that dog out for just following one direction at a time but I had to admire his concentration.

   He hit the bottom of the stairs and took off in a run. I jumped down the last three steps and was almost hit by the door as Andy and the other brides stepped in. “Whoa! Where’s the fire Senna?” Andy asked but I was too focused on catching Max. I quickly cut around the corner and scrabbled on my hands on me feet to avoid completely wiping out.

   Making it into the kitchen I saw Max was just coming out of the dining room and coming toward me. I stopped and went to catch him when the little fucker jumped over me! Growling I quickly turned and then went running full pace past the brides and slid down the hallway when I tried to stop to see if Max went into the library/ office. However I overshot it and was about to go into the game room when I crashed into Max.