Chapter Six: Insane Exes and A Near-Win For Beirsack

Waking up in the morning I yawned while sitting up in my bed; how I got there I have no idea. Honestly though, I would put money down that Chance probably brought me upstairs and put me in my bed. Rolling my shoulders and popping my neck I slid out from under the warm covers to go take a shower.

   Turning the knobs to blast hot water full blast I stepped under the jetting spray; a sigh of contentment leaving my lips. Making sure to wash my hair thoroughly I was just in the process of getting out when I heard screaming from downstairs.

   Quickly toweling off I threw on my clothes and was off for downstairs. As I was making my way to the ground floor I snatched the rubber band from off my wrist and swiftly put up the wet mop I called hair. However when I saw who Chance was screaming at I really just felt like disappearing back upstairs; there in the doorway was a livid Mitch.

   Figuring that it was too late to go back I continued down to the ground floor. Jumping off the last step I made enough noise for both males to look over at me. Surveying the situation revealed that Mitch and Chance were at the doorway, Andy was standing slightly by Chance (but whether that was for back up or to stop the situation I didn’t know), and Val was standing in the hallway holding Max back who was growling up a storm. 

“Hello there people; may I ask what is going on?” I began hoping to get them focused on me.

“You can call off your guard dogs any day now Sen.” Mitch snapped.

“First of all they care about me and know all about you. Second, why are you here?”

“I wanted to talk to you.”

“Then talk; they’re all my family so whatever you have to say you can say in front of them.”

“Alright then, I want you back.”

“We’ve been through this already; I’m not getting back together with you.”

Mitch tried to step into the house but Chance wasn’t budging; I was seriously glad that he wasn’t. “Why not Sen? Give me one good reason.”

“You cheated and I don’t take cheaters back.”

“She kissed me!”

“You kissed her back that’s the end of it. Now please do us a favor a leave.” Mitch’s gaze darkened as he began to mutter something; uh oh. Usually when Mitch began to mutter he was getting mad, very mad. “Mitch I think it’s time to go.”

“It is time to go.”

   Mitch suddenly pulled out a gun and pointed it at Chance. Everything was quiet; not even Max made a sound. Chance glared daggers at Mitch but he wasn’t stupid, he backed up and Mitch came inside. Shutting the door behind him he then turned and pointed the gun at me. “Now, get over here.” He ordered.

   Walking over to him I kept a level and steady gaze; he wasn’t going to get any emotion from me. As he looked down at me he smirked and brought his arm around my shoulders. Bringing me in Mitch hugged me tightly to him and kissed the top of my head. I heard growls from pretty much every male in the room and a feral snarl which I’m sure was from Val.

   Chuckling Mitch hugged me close to him while pointing the gun at Andy, “I really don’t like you. So I think that I’ll kill you first.” He said gleefully. Taking in a deep breath I put my hand up to the arm that Mitch had across my neck. Slowly winding my hand around his arm I clutched it tightly which made him look down at me.

   “Whatever you’re thinking of doing; think twice about it.” He growled as he tightened his arm holding my throat. Gagging I swiftly reached down and sank my teeth into his arm. Several things happened all at once.

   Mitch screech and his hand with the gun smashed into my head. Pain exploded from my skull and I felt ready to pass out from the pain. Letting go I turned and managed to get a good punch in before Mitch realized that guns were for shooting. Turning the gun on me he pulled the trigger. Screams rang out but I didn’t feel any more pain than already.

   Looking I realized that Max had bitten onto Mitch’s hand with the gun; causing him to shoot himself. Lying there on the floor I looked at the bullet wound in his stomach. My breathing sped up as I struggled to sit up; the room was spinning all around me. Then before I could blink Andy was at my side with worry.