Chapter One: Meeting the Brides and Leaving My Life Behind

You know how many teens would love to be pushed out of the house by their parents to go and see a concert? I bet every friken one would love it. Well, every friken one but me. You see my parents were so worried about me spending so much time in my room working on sending out college applications. So what do they do? They kicked me and my sister out with concert tickets to see the Black Veil Brides.

  Now one thing that you should know is that my sister is a diehard Black Veil Brides fan. Me, not so much. I liked their music but I certainly didn’t want to see them live. However my parents played the ‘We-can’t-take-your-sister-so-you-need-to-card’ so yeah, I wasn’t happy in the least. 

   “Man, I wish I had my driver’s license already.” Tessa huffed. She crossed her arms over her chest and her fingers fiddled with the frayed ends of her ripped up black jacket. She was trying to pull off the pouty face but it wasn’t all that cute when she was spackled in war paint. In fact the only thing that I could really identify her by was her pink and blonde scene haircut and her baby blue eyes.

“I wish you could drive on your own too so that I didn’t have to take you.”

“You are such a tight ass, you need to loosen up.”

“No, you’re just wild. I mean come on I have to send out college applications and with the whole Mitch thing...”

“Dude you just graduated high school, why the hell would you want more school? Besides he was an asshole, seriously just get over him.”

“You don’t know about anything with relationships and I want to have a good job: now shut up.”

   Tessa rolled her eyes while her heavy boot clad feet propped themselves up on the dashboard of my blue mini cooper. I rolled my eyes at her and then brushed her feet down off of my baby. You see I love my car to death. Yes, I am a tough girl that likes to wear black and makeup as well as care for her car like it was her own child.

   I glared at her while she glared at me before I noticed the light was green. Turning back to the road I then began to drive us to the nearest place to park. I knew that she would bitch and moan if I didn’t attempt to try and find the closest parking place. Yet luck seemed to be on my side today and we got a fairly decent space. Killing the engine I got out and quickly took a moment to fluff up my choppy auburn hair.

“Come oooonnnnnn!”

“Try and get some patience, I’m coming.”

“Ugh, you really know how to make a great night pissy.”

“Only when I’m around you darling.”

   Tessa was about to say something back but in a moment shut her mouth and instead looked past me. I turned around and had to resist the urge to groan. There only a few feet away was the Black Veil Brides merchandise tent. Screaming fans were already in line and I could see that the Black Veil Brides were actually autographing stuff. This was going to be a pisser because Tessa was the biggest Black Veil Brides fan. If given enough money she would completely buy out the entire place. Which of course would not make mom and dad happy.

   In my moment of pondering the actions of my crazy younger sister, said younger sister attacked. Her sharp talon-like nails sunk into my arm and I had to resist the urge to scream out as pain erupted in my arm. Then without further explanation she began to drag me to the incredibly long line. Yet as much as I wanted to tell her that there was no chance in hell that I would be standing in that line I held my tongue. I knew how much this concert meant to her and I wasn’t going to ruin that for her; too much anyways.

   So we stood in the hellish line forever and finally made it to the front. Of course the only think that made me not lose my patience was shoving headphones in my ears and then blasting the volume on my iPhone. Ah yes, I love headphones. In fact I pretty much have a pair of headphones to go along with whatever outfit I have on that day. Today they were red to match my cherry coke V-neck t-shirt and dark wash jeans.

  Moving down the line to where Black Veil Brides was, I just kind of stood there apathetically while Tessa practically hyperventilated where she stood.