Ch11

Sam's POV

I messed up, pushing my feelings aside for Cali will be one of the things I will regret for the rest of my life. She deserves better and I know that I just want to know how things would have played out if I led things on. She's special I'll tell you that. My heart still longs for Bryn even after a year of not hearing her voice, it's sad but in the pit of my stomach I still have hope that one day we'll be reunited.

I laid in my bed playing with the sheets thinking about all the nights I spent with Bryn just laying here holding her in my arms.

Cali's POV

Jack left awhile ago leaving me a mess, the front door opened revealing my talkative mother chatting away on her phone.

"Twenty minutes?" She oozed pushing the door closed with her foot holding pizza boxes in front of her.

"Okay okay." She set the boxes down hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" I sniffled walking over to the counter.

"Bill." She rolled her eyes pulling the iced tea out of the fridge.

"Were you crying?" She asked holding my face setting the jug down.

"I'm fine." I turned my head.

"Cali." She exhaled pouring a glass getting two more out of the cabinet.

"Why three?" I swallowed hard hoping she didn't meet somebody.

"Don't over exaggerate okay." She held up her hands.

"Mom.." I started to tear up.

"With work and everything-"

"Dad still exists you know." I cut her off.

"What?" She chuckled eyeing me.

"Who is it, the man you met." I folded my arms over my chest.

"Cali don't be ridiculous." She defended.

"Then what.." I mellowed out.

"Your gonna have a sister!" She piped smiling widely.

"W-what?" I shuddered.

"The girl I was telling you about, they found her, she's coming to live with us for awhile until her case closes." My mom shrieked.

"This isn't a daycare mom, your a detective.. you shouldn't be the one watching out for someone's identity."
I lashed out.

"This was suppose to be a good thing for us." Her face fell.

"I'm sorry, your right." I gave in seeing how excited she was for her arrival.

"I know you were pumped to have the full top floor to yourself but she's gonna have to use that spare room upstairs." My mom bit her tongue.

"That's fine." I said only to see my moms reaction.

"Aren't you excited?" She basically jumped out of her shoes.

"Ecstatic." I sheepishly smiled.

"She should be here any minute, remember, no questions about anything." My mom waved her finger.

"Got it." I sat down on the couch.

I didn't think 'till now that this girl might be a psychopath, returning to the normal life of a teenage girl after being held in captivity for longer than a year can affect some people. I pray she doesn't try to kill me in my sleep.

"Hi!" My mom smiled opening the big white door.

"Here she is." An older man chuckled.

"I see! Oh my are you beautiful." My mom coaxed.