FAHC Michael (1)

Request from RenataMcKinney, hope you enjoy an ooc michael!

"For the last fucking time, you're not going!" Michael yelled, face as red as his hair. I stood across the room from him, arms crossed and eyes downcast. He rarely yelled, but it always upset me when he did.

With moments of neither of us speaking, he huffed and stomped out of the room, whereas I was holding back tears.

I had been on heists before, so what was the big deal with me going on this one? He had expressed concerns before, but he'd never completely banned me from going, nor had he ever screamed at me for the very thought of it.

He didn't come back anytime soon, and I found myself in our bed, trying to sleep without him. It was difficult, but I managed to doze off, if not out of sheer tiredness.

The morning came too quick, almost like only minutes had passed. With a glance at my clock, I concluded that I had slept at least six hours, and Michael still hadn't come back.

Surely enough, I found him asleep on the couch in our main room. He always stayed there when we fought.

Shaking my head, I walked into the kitchen, humming a soft tune from a song that was playing from the televison. Michael didn't like the music channels too much, but put up with them because he knew I liked singing, even though I thought I sounded like an injured goat.

While I was trying to prepare a nice, whole breakfast of eggs, bacon, and pancakes, I thought about the night before.

'Maybe I should try and talk it out with Michael,' I silently deduced. 'We could find some common ground.'

I decided that the idea would be great, then let all of my focus remain on our breakfast.

"Mornin'," came a low, husky voice, belonging only to my handsome boyfriend, who wrapped his arms gently around my waist. "So early, why're you up?"

His words molded together, like a sleepy child, and I hid a laugh. "I just woke up, I haven't even been in here for ten minutes," I told him.

"It's still early," he mumbled, seeming to slowly adjust to being awake. "It could have waited. Or we could have had cereal."

I rolled my eyes. "You eat cereal every day, it can't be good for you. A whole, hearty breakfast will do you some good!"

Michael sighed, resting his chin on my head. "Whatever you say, babe. Want help?"

A smile passed over my lips. "Will you cook the eggs? I can handle pancakes and bacon, but not three things at once."

He nodded, taking over the pan of eggs and leaving me to the pancakes and bacon. With his help, everything was finished quicker, and we were able to eat soon.

We set up at our kitchen table, sitting on opposite sides of it. I was still a little worried from what happened last night, so I didn't want to get to close or make him angry again.

The meal was mostly eaten in silence. We were both too afraid to speak to each other.

Finally, when I was down to my last pancake, I huffed.

"I'm sorry for being so pushy last night," I apologized sincerely. "I just don't want to feel useless anymore, ya' know? Like, I know I can handle myself on heists and stuff, and I really want to help."

"Babe, you're not useless," Michael promised. "The guys are always telling me how lucky I am to have a smart  caring, and gorgeous girl like you. You're being yourself, and that's all I could ask for from you."

He bit his lip and turned away, crossing his arms in exasperation.

"I'm sorry, too," he added. "I yelled at you, and I was being a douche when you were only trying to help. My problem is that I..."

He stopped talking, meeting my eyes. I saw a trace of something - fear, or maybe guilt - flash by, but only for a moment.

"I couldn't stand it if you got hurt or killed during a heist," he admitted, spitting the words 'hurt' and 'killed' like they were poison.

Michael stood, comin over to my side of the table. He pulled me to my feet, then hugged me close.

"Don't wanna lose you," he muttered, squeezing my waist. "I love you."

I smiled bitterly. "I'll stay home. I won't go to the heist."

He shook his head, pulling away. "You can come, I'll be okay. I'll just keep you by my side the whole time."

"What, afraid I'll get more kills?" I teased, lightening the mood.

My boyfriend gasped. "No!" he defended. "No one can beat my kill streaks!"

I laughed as he pulled me close again, picking me up off the ground. I playfully kicked my feet, and he chuckled before setting me down.

"Love you, babe," I whispered, smiling.

"I love you, too."