Ray (2)

"You've got to be kidding!" I said. "Did he really say that?"

My boyfriend, Ray, was lying on our bed. His arms and legs were sprawled over the matress, and I laid on top of him. My armswere crossed over his chest, and I leaned my head on them, looking down to the gorgeous man.

Ray nodded, and I looked away, trying to cover a laugh. I failed, and the two of us burst into loud laughter.

"That's hilarious," I sighed, wiping away tears from how hard I laughed. "I know Gavin can say some stupid shit, but that's..." A small giggle escaped. "Holy fuck."

I looked over at Ray, wondering for what must have been the millionth time how I had gotten the honor of dating a cute, funny, sweetheart of a guy. My little smile grew as the thought came by, and he turned to face me.

"What'cha thinkin' about?" he asked, grinning. "Could it be my handsome face? My amazing personality? Or any other unnamed, yet just as percect, qualities of mine?"

"Sort of," I admitted, watching his face go a little bit red. "Just wondering how I got so lucky as to be with you."

Ray opened his mouth, and I already knew what he would say, as he did every time this was brought up. "I'm the one lucky enough to be with you," he retorted.

I smiled a little, moving my arms so I could move closer to his face. My face was buried in his chest, and I sighed.

"This is going to sound cheesy," I said, not meeting his gaze, "but I want you to know you mean the world to me."

Ray's heart started beating really fast, as was my own. His hands rested on my back in a lazy hug.

"Just...all the time I spend with you makes me so happy, no matter what we're doing," I admitted. "When we're just laying around like this, or even playing a game I don't even like! As long as I'm with you, you make me so happy."

I smiled even wider, cuddling closer to him.

"Even when I'm not with you, you're always on my mind, Ray. I'm always thinking 'Ray would look good in that shirt', or 'Ray would find that joke funny', or anything like that. You've compeltely taken over my every living moment, and I'm not even mad about it."

His heart was beating even faster than before, and I stopped talking.

It was quiet for a few minutes, with me struggling to stay awake, as it was getting a bit late.

"I feel like that, too," came Ray's voice, startling me awake. "I, uh..." He didn't finish the sentence, and I let him take his time. He had told me once that he wasn't very good with romantic words or gestures. That was a bit of a lie, though, because, for our first and second anniversaries, he had taken me to these amazing places, ones I had told him I'd dreamed of visiting.

"I think about you a lot," he continued after thinking just a moment longer. "It's, like, impossible to get you out of my head, all of the time. I'm guessing that's good, and not me being a weirdo."

I laughed a little, and he seemed to get a bit more relaxed at that.

"I really do love you, a whole lot," he told me. "I know I don't say things like this a lot, but I'm really glad that, out of the entire world of people you could be with, you're here with me."

With a content sigh, I scooted up and pressed a quick kiss to Ray's lips. It onlylasted a moment, but so much was felt through it.

After that, I nuzzled my face into his neck, feeling the light scruff tickle my cheek.

"I love you, too," I said to him. "Even with a whole world of people, I'd always come back to you, Ray."

"Same here."