FAHC Gavin (1)

"I'd like to withdraw two hundred from my account," I said to the lady across the bank counter from me.

She smiled kindly. "Your name, ma'am?"

I told her my name, and she typed it into her computer. After a moment  I saw hher face fall.

"I'm so sorry," she stated, "but you are not registered to this bank."

A frown came over me. "No, I'm positive that I am," I said. "Here, I'll show you my card."

I dug in my purse, scrambling to find my debit card. The person behind me groaned in annoyance, before going to another worker to do whatever they needed.

At last, I pulled out a card with the bank's name printed on it. Proudly, I handed it to the lady.

She scanned the card and typed in the number, but still shook het head. "This card doesn't seem compatible with our system," she admitted. "It may be fake."

"You're kidding!" I shouted, causing a lot of people to look at me. "How can I fix it?"

"I'm not sure, let me-"

Before she could do anything, the doors of the bamk slammed open. A couple of people wearing all black with masks over their faces came in, duffel bags and guns in hand.

Everyone else immediately tensed, and I felt my legs shake when one of them looked directly at me.

The person approached, gun and bag in tow, while the others were grabbing money and threatening everyone around them. I was suddenly grabbed by the arm, a gun against my temple.

"Give me your money," a British man's voice came, muffled by his mask, "or she dies."

The lady I had been talking with nodded frantically, opening drawers and retrieving as much money as she could find. The man put the bag in my hands, then shoved me at the lady.

"Put the money in there," he demanded, and I did what he asked. My eyes caught the worker's for a momennt, and she looked like she was going to cry as she handed me everything she could find.

"We're good over here," I heard another one of the guys yell from across ghe bank. "Hurry up!"

The man near me nodded, grabbing me and returning the gun to my forehead. "Don't you even think about hitting the alarm," he threatened, before turning around and walking out, dragging me with him.

When we got into his car, he tossed the bags in the back and removed his mask. The other men followed in their own cars, but it was us two in his car.

"You did well, love," Gavin said, smiling down at me as we sped off, sirens distantly wailing.

"I was scared half to death with that gun," I admitted. He shook his head.

"I had the safety on," he muttered cheekily, and I laughed.

"So, what's thr plan with all this money?" I asked him. "New place? New HQ?"

He shrugged. "It's up to Geoff, but it's most likely new cars," he told me.

I chewed my lip. "Maybe we should quit soon," I said to Gav. "It's just...so risky. I couldn't stand it if you got hurt on a job like this one."

My boyfriend kept his gaze fixed on the road, but sighed. "I know, love, but this is all we have. Geoff pays more than any job I could ever get."

"I could get a job," I offered. "I'm not useless, I swear."

"But I can't have you do all the work," he admitted. "That's not gentlemanly at all!"

I couldn't hold back a little laugh. "Since when were you a gentleman?"

He scoffed, but I saw him smiling as we approached the familiar penthouse that was FAHC-HQ. "I've always been a gentleman."

"You pointed a gun at me for five minutes straight."

"The safety was on!"