The End

*MARNIE'S POV*

"I don't know what to say." I blinked at Harry, still trying to come to terms with his confession. I was surprised at how casual he seemed considering he'd just admitted something so extreme and unexpected. It felt like only yesterday that he'd confessed to simply liking me, and yet here we were, concealed in the darkness as he boldly announced what was really going on in his head. It certainly made his immature behaviour at my flat make sense. He'd been jealous.

"You don't have to say anything, Marnie. I didn't propose to you."

Well, thank goodness for that.

"What were you hoping to achieve from that declaration though?" I pressed, utterly confused as to how I'd gone from being caught up in the date from hell to this. Twelve hours ago Harry and I hadn't even been speaking and I had been preparing to embrace a potential new route in my life. Somehow we'd ended up in the same place at the same time, struggling to make sense of our jumbled feelings for one another. I kept blinking and wondering whether I should pinch myself, just in case it all turned out to be one of those dreams that came as a result of indulging in too much wine and cheese. Somehow though, I just knew this was as real as it was going to get. In a dream I probably would have reciprocated Harry's feelings in a heartbeat, not at all concerned of the consequences. But now we were stood here, shivering in the cold and still coming to terms with the night's events; everything just felt too real. His words had hit me like a train, colliding head on with both my brain and my heart so quickly that I couldn't  make sense of them. Deep down I'd always known that my growing connection with Harry had been an accident waiting to happen. 

"I just wanted you to know." He shrugged, acting as if it suddenly wasn't a big deal. I studied his face, noting how his cheeks tinged pink and how his eyes never fully made contact with my own. This was clearly far more of a big deal to Harry than he was letting on. I felt stumped for words though, embarrassed by the fact that I wasn't sure I could say it back. It wasn't that I didn't love him, it was more that I wasn't sure if I could. His lifestyle had thrown mine into a whirlwind; his moving at such a fast pace that I found myself unsure if I could keep up and more importantly - keep him. 

His life was so closely observed that people actually had opinions on it, and when it came to the women he dated, well, only the brave with metaphorical balls of steel could even comprehend engaging in a relationship with Harry Styles. I wasn't ignorant to the stories about his 'lasts'. Caroline, Taylor and Kendall had passed through his life at one point or another, each receiving their own personal death threats and/or hate mail. Elenore had showed me the online posts oozing hatred for any women that was even rumoured to be dating him. It wasn't just him either, it seemed be the same for any of the boys. All I knew was that I didn't want to be the next women to be on the receiving end of the cyber-bullying. The brick through the window had been enough. 

On the other hand, images of Harry and I raising Nola together in a family home rather than between two houses made my heart swell. I would be able to give her the childhood that I had been deprived of and most importantly she would have stability. But then again, even if we were living in his house, playing happy families, how often was he really going be there? Would Harry and Nola's Skype based relationship continue no matter what the living arrangements were? Not only was the he the most observed person I knew, he was also the busiest

"Please stop over thinking this." Harry said suddenly. My eyes flashed to his and I cringed when I realised how intently he had been watching me. He was, without a doubt, clearly waiting for some sort of response to his announcement, but unfortunately for him I was still dumbfounded as to what to say.