'Styles Goes Wild'

"Marnie!" A voice hissed. "Marnie!" I forced my eyes open and groaned at the realisation that Elenore was looming over me, carrying the laptop in her arms. 

"What time is it?" I mumbled, burying my face into my pillow.

"It's five am. I've just got up for work." I felt her take a seat on the bed and turned my head to see her face illuminated by the computer screen. 

"Then why on earth did you wake me up? Nola doesn't even get up for another couple of hours." I growled. 

"Because I've just read an article online that I think you need to see." My heart dropped to my stomach and bile rose in my throat. I didn't even need to ask who it was about.

"Is it bad?" I whispered, pulling myself up into a sitting position. 

"Bad is one adjective you could use to describe it," Elenore said gently. "But I personally would be more inclined to go for immature or irresponsible." The two things that a person really didn't need to be if they were also a parent. Being concerned about Harry's behaviour was such an alien feeling. Never before had I worried about his well publicised antics, the women he dated or the people he spent his time with. Even before I'd told him, despite knowing he was the father of my child, I hadn't bothered to waste my time caring. If he wasn't part of Nola's life then it didn't matter. But now he was and now it did. 

"Is it really that bad?" I sighed, reaching for the laptop. Elenore turned the screen to face me.

'STYLES GOES WILD by Alice Jones 04:40am 

In Sunderland in the early hours of this morning, Harry Styles of heartthrob boyband One Direction, was spotted being pulled from a hotel pool by security after a noise complaint from guests. Mr Styles, along with three scantily clad women, were reported to have been throwing one another into the pool whilst heavily intoxicated. The hotel manager, Mr Albert Fernandes, said "It was an honour to have such a famous band stay at our hotel while they were perfoming in the area, however I am both shocked and thoroughly disappointed that one of their members would be so disrespectful towards my hospitality and towards the rest of my guests."
 Mr Fernandes called security after he went out to investigate a complaint made by a couple whose room overlooked the pool area. "They informed me that a young man and three female companions were drunkenly shouting and throwing one another into the water. It's a miracle that no one was seriously harmed."  Despite having a face that is known across the globe, Mr Styles was cautioned that his behaviour would be reported to the Police if he did not return to his room quietly and call it a night.The three women were not guests of the hotel and were escorted off of the premises shortly afterward. There were no disturbances to follow.' 

"Well, fuck." I pushed the laptop away and collapsed back onto my pillows. "What an idiot." 

"That Fernandes guy is right though," Elenore sighed. "Drinking and a swimming pool? Someone could have drowned. He really wasn't thinking." 

"What would even possess him to behave like that?" I whispered, my blood boiling. Elenore shrugged.

"Have you checked your phone yet?"

"I've barely woken up yet!" I exclaimed, but reached across and grabbed it anyway. Sure enough I had four missed calls and three texts, all from Harry. The texts weren't even legible. I switched it off and threw it across the room before cocooning myself in my covers. "Have a good day, Ele." 

"You too, Marn." I felt the weight shift on the bed as she got up and left, closing the door behind her.