140 Characters of Hell

"How are you feeling now?" Elenore asked, waving a glass of wine under my nose. I accepted it gratefully and swallowed a mouthful. I wasn't in the mood for sipping. 

"Still the same as I did at five am this morning," I said bluntly. "Annoyed, disappointed and ashamed that I actually thought he was going to be up for the role of daddy."

Elenore broke a block of chocolate into individual squares and placed it on the coffee table in front of us. I watched as she bit into a piece thoughtfully before washing it down with her wine. "It was definitely irresponsible, I mean, if Nola had been older and therefore more easily influenced, he wouldn't have exactly given her a good example of how to behave." 

"Precisely." I sighed, swiring the crimson liquid around in the glass. "The problem is that I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do about it now." 

"Well have you spoken to him?" She asked, swapping her wine for her phone. 

"Nope." I shook my head. "I've ignored all his calls and text messages and I have no intention of returning any of them any time soon."

"So he knows about the article then? He doesn't just think you're ignoring him for no reason whatsoever?" She didn't look up as she scrolled down her screen with her thumb. I couldn't help thinking that she wasn't entirely in agreement with me giving Harry the cold shoulder. 

"Well the first couple of messages and voicemails were oblivious, but then he sent me a text asking if I could give him a chance to explain himself because apparently the article makes the situation sound much worse than it actually is. I haven't checked since." I pulled a blanket off the back of the sofa and covered my legs with it. 

"Twitter is going crazy." Elenore said absent-mindedly. She looked up at me and grimaced. "All these people are directly tweeting him and telling him how disappointed they are! Imagine having your fans talk down on you, well, tweet down on you is probably more accurate." 

"He's only brought it on himself." I shrugged. "But seriously, what am I supposed to do now? I don't want to be angry with him but I am and he has no one else to blame other than himself...and those three scantily clad women." I felt bile rising in my throat at the thought of Harry publicly humiliating himself with three strangers while his daughter was asleep in her cot, blissfully unaware. 

"Anyone would think you were jealous." Elenore smirked. I glared at her.

"That is not what this is about and you know it, Ele." I took another moutful of wine and reached for the chocolate. Having Harry Styles in my life was going to make me fat. 

"The boys would be finishing up on stage now right?" Ele said, but I wasn't sure if she was addressing me or just speaking to herself out loud. "Wow, you should read these new tweets, Marn." She continued to scroll with her thumb, her lips parting as she read. I cocked my head to one side and frowned.

"Why? What do they say?" My heart rate increased for a moment, fearing that Nola's existance had been leaked into the fandom. "Is it about Nola?"

"Well, not really." I wrenched myself up from the sofa and stormed towards the arm chair where she sat, her eyes glued to the screen of her phone. She pulled her phone into her chest as I reached for it.

"What do they say, Ele!?" My heart was thumping now and blood was pounding in my ears. What had Harry done now?

"Calm down!" She rolled her eyes as she removed her phone from its hiding place. "It's just fans complaining that Harry isn't himself. Apparently he didn't smile for the duration of the concert or look like he was remotely enjoying himself at all. Some are worried, some think it's just the hangover from his swimming pool antics." I was amazed that One Direction's fans were so observant. "I think you and I both know the real reason behind his bad mood."