The Children of Africa

Poem #6

---------------------------------------------

The Children of Africa.

---------------------------------------------

We have everything we want but we cry for what we don't have instead.

And then there are the children of Africa that would die for a loaf of bread.

In this world full of noise, we can't hear all the weeps.

For all our ears are open for are the latest gossip and CDs.

We're the children of Africa, Mother Earth is our home.

We cry ourselves to sleep, we are all alone.

In this world full of noise, no one heard our pleas.

For modern times separate us from helping those in need.

We're the children of Africa, we're looked down by your faces so moody.

Is making a small change in this world, too hard of a duty?

Your sympathies have no mean, for it can not help change our appearance.

Even after seeing the way we look you question our disappearance?

Is a donation too much to ask, to help me get back up to fulfil my task?

This land of darkness is the home to us black.

The fake hope you plant in our hearts, is yet another great way to attack.

This "like" you put on Facebook doesn't help improve our condition.

Few know what humanity is, the rest still require a definition.

You throw most of your food out, what a waste.

And here we are craving for just one spoon's taste.

After working most of my day as labour.

Every crumb of food I've learnt to savour.

Where we're from there's no medications just diseases, we're the nation everyone teases.

Our low classed lives seem unbearable, something to pity.

It is nothing, merely a speck of, dust when compared to your mighty city.

Where a helping hand isn't lent, clothes and entertainment is where your money is spent.

The survival of others to you hasn't ever mattered, and that's why everyday thousands of souls here are shattered.

When the sun sets taking away its guiding light, we pray.

Thanking our lord for helping us to survive another day.

Though the times here are rough and all we think of is to give up, we wait.

Waiting for a better tomorrow, waiting for a newer day, though it might seem strange...

Deep down hope lingers in our heart so we continue to just wait, for a change.

----------------------------------

Note:

This poem is for everyone, it relates to all of us because we should be thankful for what we have. What feels like hell to us can be like heaven to others. We all have so much to be thankful for and we don't realize it. There's innocent people the same age as us that don't have ipods, computers, designer clothing, music, let alone food. If you can help out in anyway you can then please do. Thank-you for reading my poem I really appreciate it :D