Chapter Twenty-Nine

This chapter's dedicated to the lovely, Ella. (@Love_Your_Smile) She is honestly so sweet and I can't thank her enough for her support and the banner. :)

If you have banners or covers, please label your message with ARTWORK as the first word. Then I can separate it from personal messages or just your regular hello. Thank you again!

And play song at the play song signal, haha.

Chapter Twenty-Nine

In the car, I can almost feel the thick cloud of tension between Lee and I. And if I could, I'd take the tension and throw it out the window. I look at Lee. He is driving and his shirt is still buttoned wrong and his hair is more tangled and messed up than mine is. I don't even want to think about how bad I must look right now.

        The worst part?

        My bra is still undone and slipping every few seconds and I am trying to keep my arms by my side to keep it still, but I can't. I also can't just be like, "Oh, hey, Lee? Could you please ignore me as I put my hands under my shirt and fix the bra that you so beautifully unclasped? Yeah, thanks."

        Lee hasn't said one word to me and there is no way in hell I'm going to say anything because I'm still not done recovering from the holy greatness I unleashed when I let my hormones get the best of me and basically attacked him.

        "So," Lee says and then coughs, "we're almost there."

        "Oh...," I reply, looking out the window. "Cool."

        The hum of the engine and the sound of our car whizzing by is the only sound that lasts for a good thirty-minutes. Does Lee regret what we've done? I kind of gave him no choice as I pulled him onto me. Secretly I know that if we were given the choice to that again, I'd probably do it all over again and maybe ignore the honking car this time.

        Around one, the sun shines at its highest power down and the car rolls to a stop slowly. All I see are trees and for a minute, I'm confused.

        Lee wants to take me hiking?

        "Okay, we're here," Lee announces, breaking me out of my thoughts and possibilities of what this could possibly be. How could a bunch of trees be where we were headed all this time? I try not to let my disappointment show.

        Maybe this is Lee's hobby and he wants to show me a little part of him. I would love to hike for him and enter a day in his world, but I want today to be special though. I don't presume we'll be going on rendezvous dates any time soon again so it's kind of maybe our first and last real date. Not unless time stops, that is.

                "Wow, it's very...," I say, searching for vibrant words to describe this. "Green."

        "Are you up for some walking?" he says, trying to hold in a laugh as he presses his lips down into a line.

        "A walk?" I ask. I look down at my knock-off vans, plaid shirt, shorts, and say, "Sure, I'm up for a walk." I can't wait to see how many different species of insects will eat me.

        "Good," Lee replies, grinning. And I can't help grinning back and for a moment, it feels normal again like the whole car scenario thing didn't happen. But by realizing how normal we were almost acting, it reminds me of the very un-normal make out and I almost choke on air. "You okay?" he says, patting down my back as I cough lightly.

        "Oh, yeah, pfft, of course," I answer too quick.

        He stares at me for a while and then shrugs before getting out of the car. He walks over the trees and starts looking around. I don't get why, it's just a bunch of trees. If our date is supposed to be walking around and looking at trees, I am going to jump off the next cliff I see. Lee must have some idea on dating, right? He proved many times he did....