THIRTEEN

With the help of Athena, Tony had set up the model in the workshop. Leaning over the model, he blew some of the dust that had settled in it from years of sitting abandoned in the corner of his office. He squinted a single eye before deciding on what he was going to do. "Jarvis, could you kindly Vac-U-Form a digital wire frame? I need a manipulatable projection."

Athena watched the blue lines scan over the model with mild interest, each building turning the familiar projection blue color. JARVIS announced his actions. "1974 Stark Expo model scan complete, sir."

Lifting the blue projection away from the model, he spoke aloud to JARVIS. "How many buildings are there?"

"Am I to include the Belgium waffle stands?" Athena couldn't help the smile at JARVIS' sarcastic tone, he was definitely Tony's creation.

"That was rhetorical. Just show me." Tony clarified, moving the projection away from the model, so that he could work with it. He clicked his fingers and the model began to spin, lifting upright. "What does that look like to you Jarvis? Not unlike an atom. In which case the nucleus would be here."

Tony points to the unisphere. "Highlight the unisphere."

He enlarged it and tilted his head to the side before decisively ordering JARVIS to; "Lose the footpaths. Get rid of them."

"What is it you're trying to achieve, sir?"

"I'm discovering-" Tony changed his mind, discovering was not the right word. "Correction. I'm rediscovering a new element, I believe."

"Lose the landscaping, the shrubbery, the trees." Tony flicked the said things away. "Parking lots, exits, entrances. Structure the protons and the neutrons using the pavilions as a framework."

The model now resembled a nucleus and Tony expanded it, so that it was separated into all its pieces. Tony spun around in his chair in disbelief. "Dad, dead for almost 20 years, and still taking me to school."

Tony laughed and snapped the projection, so that it fit in his hand.

"The proposed element should serve as a viable replacement for palladium."

"Thank Dad." Tony looked at the projection in his hand with a grin.

"Unfortunately, it is impossible to synthesise."

"Get ready for a major remodel, fellas. We're back in hardware mode." Tony stood up from the chair and headed for the sledgehammers. Athena rolled her eyes at him and told him to put on some safety glasses before he started smashing walls. He grumbled but did as he was told before grabbing the sledgehammers with childlike excitement.

As he did so, he turned around and looked at her. "See that yellow paint-"

"I got it." Athena cut over him and grabbed the yellow paint, painting arrows on the wall that Tony was going to destroy. Athena watched in amusement as Tony swung the sledgehammer at the yellow painted arrows on the wall, clumps of the wall falling to the ground.

Once he was done smashing the wall, he moved upstairs and began drilling holes into the floor of his living room where the piano once sat with a jackhammer. Then, with the help of a pick axe, he found what he was looking for. He dusted away the remaining debris with a towel and got rid of the metal cover of the box in the hole he had made.