"chapter eight"

"i love you more,as a best friend"

today was stanley's bar mitzvah, laura didn't know who was gonna be there, it's been a week and she's only talked to beverly who isn't going

laura wore a white dress with blue and dark pink flowers, and a thin black belt that fit around her waist.

she paired the dress with one white heel, and her boot was on the other.

her short hair was straightened at her shoulders.

"mom i'm walking to the—" laura stopped herself, she remembered that her mother never returned home that night.

it was a short walk, thankfully she didn't need crutches and it was just a black boot.

laura arrived to the church a bit early so she could see stanley before.

she walked into the church, it was chilly but no surprisingly.

"you look beautiful" laura hears a voice near her. she turns to her right to see stanley, dressed in his outfit.(i know nothing about bar mitzvahs so like i'm sorry lol)

"awh thank stanley, you look handsome yourself" she smiles giving him a hug.

"have you talked to richie by a chance?" stanley asks scratching the back of his neck.

"urm, no not really why?" she asks.

"well, you obviously came by yourself and i know you don't know anybody and um basically, what i'm trying to say is that he's here" stanley points to a pew to see richie in a baby blue suit wearing a black kippah.

"oh um, yeah do you mind if i go try to work things out with him?" laura asks.

"no of course, it starts in like 6 minutes though so—" stanley says.

"no it won't even take 3 minutes" laura laughs before walking to the end of the pew richie sat in.

"rich! richie!" laura gets his attention.

richie turns his head before widening his eyes, he was beyond mad at laura, but once he saw how beautiful she looked he knew he couldn't stay mad at her for much longer.

"can we talk outside?" laura asks.

"sure" richie says.

the two walk outside.

"you look bea— you look gre—" the two get cut off complimenting eachother at the same time.

"oh you look amazing" richie smiles. "thank you, you as well" she warmly smiles.

"look rich, i'm really sorry for going off on you, honestly i was scared, and hurt, and i'm sorry." laura looks into the boys eyes through his thick lenses.

"no, i'm the one who should be apologizing, i'm still pretty pi— mad at bill right now but, i shouldn't have gotten mad at you, stan was jut helping you out." he smiles grabbing her hand.

"oh and by the way, i might've lied, about not liking you anymore, cause i still do a lot" she says emphasizing "a lot"

"that's good because i still like you,a lot" richie also emphasizes "a lot"

laura didn't know what to do, there was a lot of feelings and emotions, she wanted to kiss him, but felt it wasn't the most appropriate place, so she just pulled him into a hug.

the two walked back inside and sat near eachother during stanley's speech.

then after the speech laura decided she was going to leave with richie and his mom, but first she wanted to say goodbye to her best friend.

"you did great stanley" laura hugs him. "thank you laura" he smiles. "c-can i tell you something?"

"anything, you're my best friend" laura smiles, but stanley just frowned.

"what's wrong stanley?" laura asks.

stan slightly scoffs and grabs her hand, and drags her into an empty hallway.

"look, i feel like this is something you should know, i'm so happy we are best friends, and i don't want anything to happen to this friendship but, i can't keep this bottled up any longer" stanley takes a deep breath.

"i like you laura hargrove, like you like you. and i'm a shy person to please don't hate me" he says softly.

"stanley" laura smiles,she puts her hand on his face. "i could never hate you,ever." then she frowns.
"but i like richie,as more than a friend and i hope you can understand that."

"of course, i-i just wanted you to know, but i love you, as a best friend" he smiles.

"i love you more, as a best friend" she giggles hugging him.

"hey babe!" richie yells down at the end of the hallway.

"i'm not your babe rich" laura says without turning around.

"whatever,we're leaving." richie walks up beside her.

"okay, bye stanley!" she smiles.

"bye stanley!" richie mocks her high voice before she hits him in the chest.

"bye guys" stanley smiles.

but that smile fades when they turn the corner, stanley was definitely in LOVE with laura but she really truly did belong to richie tozier.

woah two updates in one day? i'm on a role dude.
next chapter is mostly gonna be laura and richie, because this book would be hella short if i DONT do that so yeah:p