"chapter five"

"it was an almost kiss!!"

"laura!" richie yells slamming the front door and running up the steps

"laura!" richie yells slamming the front door and running up the steps. before he can even reach laura's door it swings open and reveals the brunette girl, with bloodshot eyes.

"rich" she smiles opening her arms and richie gladly taking her into his.

"okay so tell me everything" richie sits laura on the bed before closing her door and sitting so close their knees were overlapping.

"i knocked on deaths door, it was my biggest fear and then a person was in the drain and i-" laura rambles.

"hey!" richie shakes her. "a little slower please" he asks.

laura nods her head before she begins to tell the whole story.

"wow.shit" richie wraps an arm around laura and she rests her head on his shoulder.

"thank you for being here," laura whispers while her voice is still shaky.

"it means a lot" she smiles while turning her head and looking at richie.

richie quits focusing on his fidiling fingers, and looks down at laura into her eyes.

"anything" he says with a blank expression, because by now their noses are just centimeters apart.

the two slowly lean in, laura's lip grazes richies before she backs up.

"i'm, i'm sorry" she rambles again.

"no it's fine babe" he smirks.

"it's just, i haven't had my first kiss yet . and i wanna make sure when i kiss you;or anybody, it will be worth it." she says tucking a stranger of hair behind her ear.

she looks from the floor up to richie, in his eyes she gorgeous, she's a loudmouth, but her soft side makes him crazy.

as laura looks at him she exchanges a cheeky smile,
he was a trashmouth, but his soft side makes her crazy.

richie snaps out of his small trance. "cmon, you need sleep, actually we both do" he says lying down and pulling her beside him.

laura turns around to face richie. she furrows her eyebrows.

"what?" richie asks confused. "what happened to your head" she slightly touches an almost invisible bruise on his forehead. "ow" he winces. "yeah funny story, i was hit by a rock.

laura tried to hold her laugh in.

"will you make it better for me?" richie points to it.

laura giggles "are you dreaming already?"

laura shakes her head and lays it on her pillow.

"goodnight" richie smiles. "goodnight" laura whispers before she falls asleep.

"no dude there is no way that happened, you're lying!" eddie yells at richie as the losers wait outside of laura's joke.

"no dude i swear, it was like a soft "boop" richie boops eddies lip, before eddie goes crazy and wipes his mouth with a clorox wipe.

"i still don't believe you," eddie says adjusting his fanny pack.

"i swear to god, it was an almost kiss!" richie yells

"what are you guys yelling about" laura runs down stairs.

"uh ya know, nothing really hot stuff" richie puts an arm around laura before she throws it off.

"richie was telling us about your "almost kiss" stan uses air quotes.

"god dammit rich, you might as well write a biography about our friendship" she says slapping him in the stomach.

"so it did happen" beverly nudges laura with her elbow.

"hey, aren't you the homeschooled kid uh-" laura snaps trying to remember the boys name.

"mike" he spits "i'm mike hanlon, your friends saved me from bowers yesterday, it was pretty awesome."

laura looks at the other boys and beverly as they smile from their accomplishments.

"so what are we even doing today?" ben asks.

"m-my house, or j-just the g-garage, i wanna look at these on the p-projector" bill says holding up two slide inserts , the ones he borrowed from ben.

"coolio let's go!" laura yells jumping on her bike before the others head to bills.

but their day was about to get way more interesting than a trashmouth and a loudmouths "almost kiss"

[sorry it's a little short, but next chapter will be really long:))]