"chapter one"

see you later baby cakes!!

" so i kicked him right in the gut! it was the best thing i have ever done!" the loudmouth girl known as laura hargrove jokes during 3rd lunch with her friends

"okay, this girl cracks me up" stan laughs as he puts a carrot stick in his mouth.

"yeah sh-she's p-pretty funny" bill smiles softly.

"she's hot too" richie adds.

the boys sit in the middle of the table which is far from laura so she couldn't hear.

"it would be pretty cool to be her friend don't you think?" eddie says, while all the boys continue to stare at her as she still makes jokes and laughs like nobody else.

"i think i'm gonna talk to her in 8th period." richie says smirking.

"oh gosh richie don't" stan laughs.

"you'll embarrass yourself" eddie adds causing the others to laugh.

"fuck you guys, watch by the end of the summer she'll be all over this" he says motioning up and down his body.

"ha s-sure rich" bill says before the bell rings.

it was 8th period and richies time to shine, he wanted to get to class early so he could sit beside the loudmouth girl.

richie gets out a pencil, which is the only thing he carries other than textbooks.

after waiting for the beloved dirty blonde haired girl, she finally arrives.

she sits in front of richie, meaning his "plan" did indeed work.

before class started he finally got the nerve to tap on her shoulder.

it was all like slow motion when she turned around, her straight hair flowed just to her shoulders, she had dark pink lips and a few very dark freckles.

richie hadn't figured out what he was gonna say, and his dumbass self came up with the stupidest.

"yeah?" she asks.

"um yeah can i borrow a pencil?" he asks.

"you have one right there" she says questioning, while pointing to his pencil in hand.

"oh yeah totally i just really don't like this one" he feels his cheeks turning pink, he has never kept such a long conversation with a girl.

"you don't like it?" she laughs and richie nods.

"here" she smiles. he grabs the pencil.

"thanks-" he was about to say her name.

"laura" she reassured.

"oh i know your name, loudmouth" he laughs.

"oh i indeed know yours richie tozier, trashmouth" they both laugh and before richie could make a snarky comment the teacher called for their attention.

richie was laid back for the rest of the day, he talked to a girl and it didn't fail.

the bell rings, meaning summer has officially started, richie never got another word to laura.

the boys go out to the trash cans to dump their bags.

"hey richie" laura says as she passes him.

"hey laura! see you later baby cakes " he smiles waving before she hops on her bike and disappears between cars and busses.

"see i told you guys" richie smiles elbowing bill.

"yeah whatever she said hey, that means nothing" stan rolls his eyes.

"hey what do you guys wanna do tomorrow?" eddies asks.

"start my training" richie says as he puts his bag on.

"what training?" eddie asked confused.

"street fighter" richie wiggles his glasses.

"is that how you wanna spend your summer? in the arcade?" eddie sasses.

"beats spending it inside your mother...ohhhh!" richie goes for a high five from stan before he lowers it.

"what about the quarry?" stan asks, lowering richies hand.

"w-we need to go to the b-barrens" bill studders.

"right" stan nods his head.

the boys turn to walk to their bikes.

"besides who doesn't love splashing around in shitty water?" richie says before there was a tug on his back back, and before they new it, richie and stan we on the ground and eddie had heard the sound of belch's well, belch.

"nice frisbee flamer" patrick laughs before throwing stan's kippah through a passing bus window.

"you s-s-suck bowers!" bill stutters.

"you s-s-say something b-b-billy?" henry mocks bills stutter.

"you got a free ride this year cause of your little brother, rides over dipshit" henry steps closer to bill.

"this summers gonna be a hurt train, for you and your little faggot friends." henry says before licking his hand and rubbing it on bills face.

the group of bullies laugh before turning around to find their car.

"i wish he'd disappear" richie says.

then eddie replies, referring to the missing kids "he's probably the one doing it"