Chapter 21: Something About Us

~Please•Read~

A/n

Hey guys and gals. I just wanted to ask you a favor if you could like this chapter. It just let's me know if people still like it. Also I'm almost to fifty fans! Thank you guys so much for sticking to my story, it means a lot :)

End of A/n

Apparently yelling at ten kids under the age of nine is highly frowned upon where we were. I had a reason to though! They were tormenting my cat, I had a right to.

Oh well, at least myself getting in trouble let my thoughts stray away from yesterday's occurrence. My eyes were still puffy and swollen from crying and my stitches were uncomfortable.

"Danielle," Max sighed at me. He held his palm to his face.

I was sitting legs crossed in a chair. We were in a hallway of the large mansion. Bear sat uncomfortably in my lap uneasy of the surroundings.

"What? For the last time it's not my fault!" I stubbornly clenched my jaw.

Max sat on the floor in front of me and laughed.

"It's not funny," I bit my lip.

"It kind of is. You managed to make ten little kids cry. And these aren't even normal kids. These were badass little werewolves you managed to make cry."

"Shut up," I furrowed my eye brows and in the moment of it all I just started crying.

"Danielle, what's wrong?" Max took a hold of my hands even though I still had a hold on bear.

"I want to go home." I exclaimed holding back tears. "I don't belong here. I'm not one of you."

"Danielle," max lifted my chin so he could see my eyes. "I'm sorry but you can't go home. This is your new home now."

"I just-" I was cut off by a man who was in his late to early fifties. He looked fairly similar to Max.

"It's nice to see you Maximus." Max's hand stiffened and he stood up.

"Father," Max greeted him with and nod. I kept looking between them. The tension was very high in the hallway at the moment.

"Who's this?" His dad adverted his eyes to me.

"This is Danielle, my mate," Max said sternly.

"Hi," I reached out a hand for him to shake it. As if it there wasn't enough awkward tension in the hallway already, choosing not to shake my hand made it the slightest bit worse. I returned my hand to my lap and sat there awkwardly.

"Well dad, I know you want to stay and chitchat but it looks like I should be taking Danielle to my room now," His dad smiled sarcastically and began walking away.

"I'm sorry you had to meet him like that, he was never the happiest person even when I was little. Oh well, I want to show you my room," Max smiled and pulled me to my feet. I held bear tightly to my side with one arm and Max's hand was intertwined with mine.

The inside of the house was a maze. I couldn't believe Max was able to navigate to his room without getting lost. The interior of the house was very old fashion. It look like a castle. Woven rugs line the floors of each hall. The walls were lined with floral wallpaper. The lamps an chandlers scattered throughout the house were very gothic aged.

"It's creepy right," Max said obviously reading my mind.

"Nope, not one bit," I said with a sarcastic tone. He laughed and continued to pull me to his room.