Chapter 16: Hold On Tight

~Danielle~

Max held me tightly in his grasp as he walked. I could feel the rising and falling of his breath. And not to mention, he was he ripped. Boy, did I have the best seat in the house. I smirked to myself.

Max let out a chuckle.

"What?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

He rolled his eyes, "I can read people's mind, remember?"

"Can you stop that, I'd like at least my mind to be private. I want to know what have you learned from snooping around in there," I smiled, hopefully he didn't learn anything to embarrassing.

"Well let's see, you're afraid of the dark. You have a teddy-bear named Ted that you keep in the top door of your dresser to keep him out of harms way. And at night when you're asleep you somehow manage to block me out and I hate that because I can't tell what your nightmares are about."

Embarrassed I closed my eyes pretending to not be there. He placed a kiss on my forehead causing me to blush and open my eyes.

"Can you please tell me what your night terrors are?" he pleaded.

I shook my head, "I don't want people to go through what I go through." My night terrors repeat themselves and I hate it. But I never tell anyone about them because I don't want them to have them and I'd rather suffer then anyone I care about.

"Please," he cried.

"Maybe later, but not right now I'm too tired." I said truthfully. Whatever Rachel did to me by healing me wore me out a lot.

"Alright babe," I scrunched up my nose at his new 'pet' name for me.

"What?"

"The word Babe, it reminds me of Babe the pig. Although I love that movie, I really don't want to be called a pig," I explained.

"Oh okay," he laughed, "How bout Foxy?"

"But that doesn't suit me at all," I objected. "How about just Danielle?"

"Just Danielle?" He questioned. I nodded for an answer. "Alright baby, well your mom appears to not be home. I can't sense her smell and I don't see her car."

He carried me all the way to my house and only sat me down so he could open the door.

Once inside we were greeted by a very hungry Bear. He was meowing and rubbing up against the fridge.

"Can you get a can of cat food out for him, I'm going to go upstairs and lay down," I pointed to the cabinet that had his food and headed upstairs. Rachel's healing technique left me with a painful headache.

I walked into my room and grabbed my phone off my dresser. Two text messages and one missed call all from Haley.

The first message read: -Hey Danny, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out this Sweeney. Text or call back when you can.

Sweeney? What is Sweeney? I wondered to myself opening up the next text message: I meant to say *weekend my phone sucks, lol.

I hate lol it's so annoying. I found everything annoying at that point. My headache grew worse and my eyes started becoming sensitive to the light.

I set my phone back down and climbed under my blanket on my bed. What a great way to start out a day! I told myself sarcastically.

"Sit up," I heard Max say. I reluctantly sat up taking the sight of my god-like boyfriend. Just one look at him and he made me aroused. He was now shirtless and holding a glass of water and a bottle of aspirin.