Chapter 13: Fast Food

If you are currently reading this on a computer play the song listed below [I wrote the first part of this chapter listening to it]:

Purity Ring - Lofticries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&list=MCUS.20120207&v=YdPml5QhMIA

Chapter 13: Fast Food

"This is your definition of real food?" I asked as he pulled into one of the parking spaces. He put the car in park and we both got out breathing in the french fry stained air.

"Yep, well not always," He said sticking his hands into his jean pockets. He began ahead of me, I took my time going inside. There weren't that many people seated on the inside. Besides two tables that both had edlery couples and the workers in the kitchen there weren't any other people.

Besides the lack of people the inside desperately needed a new makeover. Paint was peeling off the walls, tiles were missing and chipped, tables had large chunks bitten off. Not to metion the lights; they had dead bugs piled up inside them. Yum.

"Did somebody die in here,' I whispered as I walked up to Max. He looked lost in thought as he stared at the menu.

I rolled my eyes and walked up to the bored guy at the cash register. I cleared my throat and he looked me up and down. "What can I get for a pretty girl like you?"

Gross. "Um, can I get a big mac and a large coke? And also can I get a caramel sundae with extra caramel?" He looked a bit astonished when he rung up my food.

"Is that all?"

"Max, are you ready?" I turned to face nothingness. Max had left me? Douche. What a freaking douchebag. "I guess that's it. And can I have that to go please?" He nodded and left me to stand alone at the counter.

I folded my arms across my body and slouched to the side. My brows were furrowed together. How could he do this to me? Or am I just over reacting, I guess I do over react a lot but he left me alone. I dont like being alone...

"Here you are miss," the cash register guy handed me my food and soda and I responded with a fake smile plastered on my face.

Before I left the guy stopped me for a finale say, "Hey do you want to hook up sometime?" He had one of those pedofile smiles...

"Fuck off dick," I scruntched up my face in discust. Being hit on by thirty year old men was not on my to-do list today, nethier was being left by Max.

The breeze picked up outside. I hurried myself over to the car and placed the food in the passenger seat. Once buckled in to the driver's side I pulled out of the lot and began heading home.

I wiped a stray tear that started to fall. Ignoring the next few tears I switched on the radio. I clentched the stearing wheel and my nuckles turned a pale pink, I could almost feel the blood running through my veins.

I stopped at my house without really knowing that I stopped. It wasn't until saw a bird pirched on a street sign a few yards up the street when I got out of the car. I stepped out into a light snow starting.

I turned back to the car and grabbed the McDonalds junk and slammed the door causing the bird to fly off. "What, your going to leave me too?!' I practically shouted to the world, maybe a little too loud.