Chapter 26: Road Trip Start

Recap- chapter 25: spiral spikes:

(tiny recap)......"Yeah, have you ever seen Hellboy?" Max asked.

"Yes...?" I replied hazily not sure where he was going with this.

"Well an older some-what retired werewolf is almost exactly like Hellboy's personality, meaning he loves cats and would kill anyone who threatened them. So with that being said he would definitely watch him for a day or weeks or months if you ever needed."

"That sounds reassuring," I half smiled. I turned to Bear, "You're going to stay with a cat man!"

"Oh hell no," Bear responded with a flick of his tail.

--------

"For the thousandth time, Bear, you will be perfectly okay with him. Plus, there are other cats to keep you company."

"Cats that have grown up with wolves! That doesn't clarify whether I'll be okay or in good company while you're away!" His tail flicked irritatedly side to side dusting the floor. I thought with the speed he was swiping it at that he'd wear right through the floor boards.

Max, Bear and I had walked down one of the many hallways and stopped in front of a very festive door. It had a hand-made welcome sign that wrote "Come like a company of cats; Careless and hungry" among other cat themed decorations. This was going to be interesting.

"Are you sure this is an 'okay' place to leave Bear at?" I whispered to Max, hoping that Bear couldn't hear.

He made a funny face and said, "Well, there's only one way to find out." He raised his hand up to the door and knocked three times.

"Who is it?" A rough booming voice answered from the adjacent side of the door.

"Max," he paused, "...and company."

Footsteps behind the door came closer and became more defined. They sounded like short strides and heavy weight distribution between each step.

The door swung open, but instead of what I thought would be a large HellBoy type of creature stood a short man around 60, maybe. He had spectacles and great bushy beard which covered a majority of his face.

"Max," his voice boomed once more, echoing throughout the hallway.

"Hey Samuel. Do you think you could do me a huge favor?"

"Depends on what is being asked," Samuel quickly responded. He folded his stubby arms and cocked an eyebrow.

Max pointed down to Bear sitting anxiously beside my left leg. "We were wondering if you could hold on to Bear, down there, until we get back."

"Sure thing. Like I always say; A company of cats is the best kind of company there is." Samuel opened his door wider, so that we could clearly see the inside of his bungalow. He invited us in to take a quick tour and offered us tea. We politely declined the offering of tea since we had to be off... But the tour was much anticipated from my part.

I counted a total of sixteen cats inside his "apartment", including Bear. Samuel's rooms, however, smelt like there weren't any cats within miles of them.

Bear wandered the rooms inside his apartment sniffing out all the nooks and crannies. I watched him bat a yellow tabby's head and him have his face smacked twice in return by the same tabby.

After a good ten minutes of "snooping" around Samuel's room we decided that it was best for us to get going. I said goodbye to Bear, he had finally settled down and took his place in a cat bed by a window. He looked ticked at me but pleased that he wouldn't have to test his patience in a car ride.

Max and I found our way back into his room to finish packing bags, aka food and clothes being shoved into several suitcases.

"So how did Bear take to the 'Cat-Man'?" Pyrite was folding a t-shirt and placing it into a bag. I had lent her a variety of clothes to bring on the trip.

I shrugged, "He'll be fine. I don't know how he likes it yet, though. He's a moody cat, who has a personality that clashes with others easily but good company."

"His personality seems vaguely familiar," Max mused and gave me a nudge.

"It'll just be like a little Camp for Cats for Bear," Pyrite laughed. "I can imagine all the cats telling scary stories around a fire." She had stuffed an entire suitcase full of snackage and had to put her entire weight on the suitcase for it to close, "So how far away is this graveyard anyway?"

"Seventeen hours, give or take..." He said running his fingers through his hair. "I had totally forgotten how long of a drive it was."

"Geeze, so seventeen hours in a crammed car stuck as the third wheel to two people you barely know. This is going to be fun," Pyrite smirked and crossed her arms. I guessed that she enjoyed questions.

---------------

Mother of pearl, how long has it been?

Um well I hate myself and am truly sorry for not uploading anything for probably around two or more years....

And I am very sorry that this isn't much of a chapter, I need to re-read the entire story to figure out where to go next which isn't too difficult. I do have a lot planned in the future for this novel so stick around!

Love always,
Sasha

P.s. comment suggestions and feel free to message me and what not! Votes and new followers are nice too :)