Chapter 22: Verified Physco

I woke up around nine in the morning. The weirdness of being here had still not set in yet.

Max wasn't in the room when I woke up, I assumed he had gone to talk with people he hasn't seen in years. Bear, on the other hand, was on the couch laying comfortably on his back with his four legs stuck up in the air.

"You're such a weird cat," I said tossing one of the pillows in his direction.

"Might I ask why you did that?"

My eyes grew wide and surely I must have been given drugs or something while I was asleep. I sat up quickly and backed as far away from him as I possibly could.

"Did you just talk to me?" I asked extremely confused.

Instead of responding right away, Bear quickly stood on his feet and hissed at me. "Why can I understand you?" I assumed he meowed, or talked, or hissed, or whatever it is that I now heard.

"No, no, no," I covered myself with the blanket, "This is all just a dream right?"

"It's not going to help me sort this out if your hiding under the covers," Bear said hopping up onto the bed.

"Why can I talk to you?" I asked fearing any possible assumptions.

"I don't know?! Why can I understand you?!" He swished his tail violently, back and forth.

"Come with me Bear," I said removing myself from the bed.

"Wait, out there? Where all the little werewolves are?" His eyes grew wide.

"Yes, out there. I need to find Max," I told him motioning to the door.

"Can't you just carry me? It'll make the trip for me much, safer," Bear sheepishly suggested.

"Frankly I don't really want to be carrying you at the moment. You are seriously freaking me out," I walked towards the door with Bear following close behind.

"Well I feel the same way about you! But you have an advantage to the werewolves, I don't."

We made our way through the halls frequently checking for any signs or anything that could point us to the main hallway. It probably took us a good thirty minutes of wandering aimlessly to nowhere.

"Wait," Bear halted in the hallway sticking his nose as high as he could into the air. "Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"Turkey and chicken," Bear hurried in front of me leading the way. Hopefully wherever the smell was coming from would lead us to Max.

We rounded another corner and surely enough we made it to kitchen doors.

"Danielle? Carry me, I do not wish to have the opportunity to be eaten today," He sat down on the floor and refused to move.

I rolled my eyes and bent down. Bear snuggled in my arms as we walked through the kitchen. Both of our stomachs growled in anticipation as we walked passed flavorful food.

A whole turkey sat at the corner of a counter, taunting our every move. All I wanted to do was to engulf it whole.

"Pull yourself together Danielle," Bear nipped at my arm. I growled slightly at him before mentally saying goodbye to the delicious sight.

We made our way towards the second set of doors hoping that it would lead us to the main part of the house.

I pushed the doors open and I could see hundreds of people sitting at wooden tables. They stared at us stoping all of their conversation. "Well, this isn't awkward at all," Bear said quietly. I stepped backwards into the kitchen hoping that everyone would return to their chitter chatter and forget about the weird human girl with the cat.