Chapter 9 Long Awaited Release

I continued to carry/hug her as I made my way outside the cafeteria to give us some more privacy. "Is there a place we can talk? I can tell that something else is bothering you and I want to help you." She nodded and got off me leading me somewhere. I turned towards the group that was following me during the introductions. "Tell Six I'll join, but I am only here as a hired gun so to speak." They nodded and took off towards her office. Lera led me to a door labeled with her operator name, tears staining her eyes.

We entered the room and it was well kept. Clothes were put away and there was no clutter anywhere to be seen. She sat on her bed and I pulled up a chair beside her. "I know something is wrong, people don't just hug a stranger out of the blue while crying their eyes out," I said. She looked down still crying slightly. "Now that doesn't mean I didn't appreciate the hug, but I want to know what caused you to latch on to me like you did."

She stayed silent and kept crying not even moving her head. Realizing that this was a deep-rooted issue I moved from the chair to sit down beside her and brought her into a hug. She just cried harder as she gave into the hug. How long has it been since she has been shown, love? "Unknown pilot, do you wish for me to do a scan on her to help determine the cause of her breakdown?" Cassady responded to my thoughts. It's one of the benefits of being a pilot, your neural link with your Titan or in my case Titans allows you to communicate your thoughts to them. No, I want to find out on my own. No reason to break what little trust I have, plus I kinda like her attitude. "Are you falling in love Pilot? I believe these things are supposed to take time." Carly responded. Quit being my mothers and let me help her.

It was a good few minutes before she stopped crying. She was just holding onto me like I was the only one that cared for her. "Can I go and talk to six before we continue? I need to talk to her about joining the team." I asked. She reluctantly let go of me and looked as if the world was out to get her. "Come with me, I promise I'll make it quick," I said. She shook her head no. "I'll stay here and get in some more comfortable clothes while you go to your meeting." She replied, but something was still bothering her. "I'll need room to stay in, do you mind if I stay in here, I'll be able to talk to you more and I will be sleeping on the couch," I asked. "I'd like that. Promise to make it quick though, I... I need a friend right now." She replied.

"I promise." was all I said as I left the room and hastily made my way back to Six's office. When I got there I knocked on the door and waited for her to let me in. When she did, I entered the room and was surprised to see the Emma (Twitch), Meghan (Valkyrie), Monika (IQ), Grace (Dokkaebi), and Eliza (Ash).

"Have you five talked to her yet?" I asked. "No, they just got here a minute before you. Have you made a decision that quickly?" Six replied. "Yes, I am going to join your group, but I wish to remain hidden. I will not be one of your front-line soldiers, like Eliza (Ash) or Monika (IQ). That way I am able to do whatever I need out of the public's eye." I replied. Six took a few minutes to think it over. She took enough time that the five others were starting to get worried. Finally, she spoke, "I accept. My only question now is where will you stay. Also, I will give you the proper paperwork later." I took no time in responding. "I would like to stay with Lera (Finka) if possible. I have become fairly close to her and wish to help her with some things."

"I see no problem if she is fine with it" Six replied. "I've already talked to her about it. If that is all we need to do, may I return to her room?" I countered. "We're done here. Welcome to team Rainbow Pilot." Six finished standing up to shake my hand. Once we did I said bye to the others in the room and left to return to Lera (Finka).

A/N: Sorry for the long wait things have happened in my life that I needed to work out. Now that I am back I am going to try and stay here and at the very least give updates on the progress of this book.