Chapter 4 The Welcoming Committee

IQ P.O.V.

After the camera died we all stood in silence. One person just cleared out more white masks than us on an average mission in less than half the time. How could any person do that, and more importantly, who are they?

Y/N P.O.V. (Let me know if you guys/girls want me to change it)

I left the building with the deactivated bombs and approached the other one that the team of five entered. I holstered my wingman and knife before entering, no need to send the wrong message.

Carrying on I threw a few pulse blades to ensure only the team remained in the building. They did well secure it, no unnecessary destruction, and minimal bullet damage. Following their path of choice, I was met with the first bomb. I made sure it was disabled before continuing on. These people must have more training than that of the officers outside. I thought as I saw no evidence of a triage or medical equipment anywhere.

Using a pulse blade I saw that they were waiting near the second bomb, ready to defend it. I approached the doorway and stopped before entering. "Alyxis can you get access to their coms?" I asked, a few seconds later I heard a slight crackling in my helmet that quickly went away. "Done Pilot" Alyxis replied. Here we go.

"Hold your fire, I just want to talk," I said into their radios so they could hear me. "How did he get access to our radios? One female voice asked. "I don't know Twitch, Dokkaebi can you find out how?" Another female voice replied before a third female voice spoke up "I can't, they must be hiding their signal, or my equipment can't track in the gas.

"I just want to talk, can we do it face to face?" I said, hopefully, this goes better than with the Apex I ran into a while back. "How can we trust you?" An accented male voice replied. "Glaz! We just saw him take down an entire building of white masks!" A fourth female,e voice spoke up. Four girls and one guy, I feel bad for him. "As she said, I know that you were watching me," I responded.

"I just want to introduce myself, and hopefully for you to do the same," I said. Taking a huge risk, I entered the room with my hands raised. They held their fire but kept their weapons trained on me. I couldn't distinguish any physical features as were all wearing a biohazard suit masking their Identity.

"Who are you with?" The accented female asked. I figured that the Militia and IMC don't exist here, so it's probably best to keep them a secret. "I'm just on my own. I was passing by when I saw the attack going on, I saw you guys go into one building, and I saw squads of these guys enter another building. Figured I'd help you out." I said motioning towards the body of the guys we were both fighting.

"I see. Team Rainbow stand down, I think we may have a new ally here." a sixth female voice said before they, reluctantly, lowered their rifles. I did the same with my arms. "Hello there young man, I am six. I am the director of a cooperative group of elite task force members from around the globe. What is your name?" The sixth voice, now known as six addressed me. "Just call me Pilot till we meet face to face, I prefer introductions that way. If you don't mind that is." I responded.

"That is a reasonable request, do you mind coming with us to our base so we can meet?" Six asked. I told Carly to take the dropship back to the Last Hope and that I was going to accept their offer. Finally, I spoke up. "Sure, but we may want to hurry as I can't imagine the teams suit having much more oxygen left in their tanks."

"That is perfectly fine, follow team Rainbow to the decontamination unit before you head onto the awaiting helicopter." Six said. She spoke with pride when mentioning team Rainbow, she must have put a-lot of effort into them. "Will do ma'am." I replied. The team went outside and two of them stayed behind me, most likely to ease their minds about me. Going along with it we exited the building and heading to a yellow tent set up in an open field nearby. Thanks to the bombs not detonating, the gas was clearing and the only thing that remained was a yellow dust coating everything. We did good today.