Chapter 2: Riot in Diagon Alley

Lucy's POV

Yesterday, we celebrated Harry's birthday here at the Burrow. I'm so glad that he had fun and that he loved the gift I gave him. It's a miniature of him riding a broom.

His uncle really pissed me off. But he said he's ok and I don't need to worry about him.

I didn't push the subject, though, I'm not convinced. It still bothers me.

Anyway, I'm here sittin on a chair while staring nowhere. Harry and the Weasley Family are giving me wierd looks.

"Is she out of her mind, Harry?" I heard Ron whispered to Harry, curiously. Harry turned to him and back to me.

"Perhaps she's thinking something." Harry whispered back, looking unsure.

"Lucy, are you ok, Dear?" Mrs. Weasley asked, concerned.

"Yeah." I shrugged. I stand up and went to get my guitar upstairs.

Once I got it, I hurried dowstairs.

"Ginny! Ginny!" I called. She looked up and searched the caller. When she caught my eye, she smiled brightly.

I forgot to tell you. Ginny and I became bestfriends because...well, we're the only girls here with the exception of Mrs. Weasley, of course. We usually talked about random things like hogwarts, his crazy brothers and boys.

She's starting this year at Hogwarts and I am so proud of her! I mean, she's like my adorable little sister!

Back to present, I lift up my guitar for her to see it.

"You wanna hear me play my guitar?" She looks confused, as well as her family.

"Guitar is a stringed musical instrument with a fretted fingerboard, typically incurved sides, and six or twelve strings. Muggles play it by plucking or strumming with their fingers or a plectrum." I explained as I tune my guitar.

"Ready?" They nodded eagerly. "The title of the song is I'm leaving on a Jet Plane by John Denver."

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing

here outside your door,

I hate to wake you up to say good-bye.

But the dawn is breaking, it's early morn, the taxi's

waiting He's blowing his horn.

Already I'm so lonesome I could die.

So kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'll wait

for me, hold me like you'll never let me go.

'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when

I'll be back again. Oh, babe, I hate to go.

There's so many times I've let you down, so many

times I've played around,

I tell you now they don't mean a thing.

Every place I go I'll think of you, every song I sing I'll

sing for you,

when I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring.

So kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'll wait