Chapter 1: Summer with the Weasley's

Lucy's POV

I'm humming a random song as I pet Cheshire, my cat, while lying on my bed. Today is the day I'm going to Ron's house, The Burrow, and I'm so excited! Hermione, Ron and I are owling each other, but none came from Harry.

Merlin, how I miss him! I miss his tantalizing eyes, his jet black, messy hair, his legendary scar, his kissable lips that you just can't resist to- woah..woah.. Hang on there! I do not have a crush on Harry!

Well, maybe I do. Just a little bit. Hehehe..

Anyway, I wonder why he's not responding to my letters...

Perhaps he's busy. But busy on doing what?

Back to present, I heard a doorbell, a creak and my Aunt talking to someone.

"Hello! Can I help you?"

"Yes, my name is Arthur. Do Emmie Brooks and Lucy Conner live here?" A man kindly asked. Wow, I'm eavesdropping.

"Yes, that's right. What do I owe the pleasure?"

"I'm Ron, Ma'am. Remember, at the Hogwarts Express? Lucy's friend?" Some boy asked. Wait, Ron? As in Ron Weasley?!

I bolted up on my bed and carried my cat on the way downstairs. I gasped.

"Ron!" I called. The man, who I think he's father, Ron and Auntie looked at me. Ron grinned and waved. I hurried down, put my cat down and hug him tightly.

"God, I miss you!" He chuckled. I let go and turned to look at his father. He's a ginger, too!

"Hi, Sir! My name is Lucy, Lucy Conner." I politely greeted. He beamed and shook my hand.

"Hello! I'm Arthur Weasley. Dear, you're very pretty, I might say!" I grinned. "Are your things already packed?"

"Ready, Eveready Fully Charge!" I replied cheerfully. He laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Well, go get it." I immediately went to my bedroom and yanked out my red luggage. I went down and hugged my Aunt Emmie.

"I love you. Have fun!" She said. We released and Mr. Weasley put my luggage into their car's trunk.

"Oh, I will surely have fun. Bye!" I waved. I turned around. The car is a small light blue colored...car.

Yeah.

We get in. I sat besides Ron and Mr. Weasley, obviously, in the driver's seat. He started the engine and we took off.

"Did Harry replied to any of your letters?" I asked hopefully, but faded when he shook his head.

Why wasn't he responding?!

"No." We chatted along the ride. Quidditch, Chocolates and hogwarts. Mr. Weasley soon joined our conversation about muggles.

"They're quite fascinating, in my opinion." He said. "Sorry to ask you, Lucy, but what is the function of a telephone?" I blinked and smiled before answering.

"Telephone is a device muggles used to contact each other in far distances." He's in awe.

I think Mr. Weasley and I will often talk about it. He's really interested in muggles!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I can see the Burrow from the car's window besides me.

Woah.. ITS COMPLETELY AMAZING! I'd give anything for a house like that!

The car stopped and I immediately opened the door and went out. Ron carried my luggage out of the trunk and stood beside me.