Chapter 14: The Dueling Club

Give the link a click and enjoy! In case some of you have forgotten about my little "Ready. Set. Write!", I have chosen one character and she will be introduced here. Characters will be added but don't get your hopes too high because I'm hella lazy.

I dedicate this to jairrymalfoy for the wonderful idea for a new character!

~•~

Lucy's POV (EDITED)

The news about Colin's petrification spread around houses to houses like wildfire by Monday morning, with Professors getting more worried as if an incident could happen any minute, and students terrified of venturing the castle alone. Ron and Hermione took this happening as an alarm to continue the Polyjuice Potion in spite of Harry's absence.

I have a hunch that whoever Dumbledore saw after I woke up from the hallway is a petrified Colin and from what I've perceived, he was sneaking up to the Hospital Wing to give Harry a basket of grapes. That strengthen my suspicion, unfortunately. But what was I doing there?

The three of us are in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom at this time; I was puzzled at our picked location before just as anyone will be, Ron nonetheless explained that it's possibly the safest place to hide it where neither Filch nor any prefects would have the idea to take a look inside because of Myrtle.

As Hermione prepare the old cauldron, I pointed my wand at the toilet and conjured a portable waterproof fire. "Bloody hell, Lucy. That's amazing," said Ron, his mouth ajar.

Smiling, I thanked him, "It's one of my specialties

Smiling, I thanked him, "It's one of my specialties."

 Hours have passed and Hermione is still busy with the potion, so Ron and I thought of playing rock, paper, scissor out of boredom. The game goes on like this: the person who'll be defeated have to compliment Myrtle as genuinely as he or she could achieve.

"Rock, paper, scissor ―"

"HA! Didn't know beating you was this easy." Ron teased, bumping me with his shoulder.

Oh, Ron, how childish. I rolled my eyes, "As if it's the hardest thing to do on earth."

He crossed his arms with a satisfied expression making its way on his freckled face. "It is, at this point. Come on now, do your part, Lu."

"Really, you too?" Hermione stopped stirring the potion and had faced me wearing an amused grin. She shrugged, "What? I wanna see it." I guess I have no choice anymore, they know I'm the worst at complimenting people so they must've cheated, right? Darn it.

I huffed in annoyance, thinking of getting back to these two. It wasn't really a tough dare since I'm the one who came up with the idea but due to my overconfidence, I was not expecting it.

I was ignoring Ron and Hermione's cheering in the background, when the bathroom door suddenly opened. "It's me," said the boyish voice which is vaguely similar to Harry's.