Chapter 18

In the night time, one vehicle came out from Decepticon isle and once arriving to shores, it droves to the woods. After driving few miles it stops and Elena comes out before vehicle transformed. It was no other than Steeljaw.

"Where are we?" Elena asked.

"That I can't reveal. Otherwise you will run away to others." Steeljaw said.

He lead the way somewhere deep in the forest, while Elena followed him. Soon they arrived to quiet and lovely meadow middle of the forest. Elena was amazed by the view. The fireflies gave lovely touch of light in the flowers. Elena walks bit looking around amazed, before sits down. Steeljaw follows bit and lays down close to her like a wolf. He simply stayed like that and watch her.

Right then, familiar howl was heard, and from bushes came out couple of wolf cubs. Recognizing Elena they run to her along with their siblings, while their parents follows them and lays down close. Little ones started play with each other or with Elena while Steeljaw watched calmly. those same memories of that night started to show up to his mind. As much he wanted to touch her and pull her close to him, he hold that urge inside.

After a while wolf family left along with their pups, leaving Elena and Steeljaw alone.

"You really like those kind of creatures." Steeljaw said.

"That's because one of them kept me save." Elena answered.

"What happened?"

"I was little back then, twelve years old. I went camping with my...human father and friends. the area was fenced so wild animals won't come. But still on one part the ground was giving up and it did when I stood there. It cause hole on the ground and fell for it. While my friends went to get help I noticed that I have fallen into some sort of cave."

"Wolf den?"

"Yes. I was first scared that I would be eaten, but I wasn't. The wolf had two cubs, so I guess her mother instinct made her want to protect me. She licked my wounds clean and kept me warm, until my father and forest ranger came with my friends to lift me up." Elena finished the story. "Ever since then I have liked them."

"You seem to like living in the forest." Steeljaw chuckled.

"Well, mostly yes. It somehow has effect on me since my brother died. My human father took it hardly and quit his job in military lab and we moved to Griffin Rock, an isle close to Maine."

"Was there forest?"

"Still is, actually. People who live there like to keep it so, for camping and picnics. But there is also areas where people haven't went."

"Let me guess, you however have" Steeljaw chuckled.

"Well, it happened by accident. I was young and curious. And it was the time I was chosen by Great Elk."

"Who?"

"The Predacon of nature."

Steeljaw looked her for a while. She was chosen by Predacon of nature when she was young. Before she even knew existence of Cybertron. And she is the Star Supreme now. In this he moved bit closer and nuzzled at her.

"I bet you would have been greatest Star of nature." Steeljaw said to her.

Elena wasn't sure how react on this. Honestly, she was completely unsure. Steeljaw, one of the most wanted criminal was holding her close. Instead being cruel, mean selfish con, he was looking after her, been kind to her. Is there truly than meets the eye in him.

"Steeljaw"

"Mhmm"

"Why you ended up in Alchemor?" she asked.