Memories

NICA'S P.O.V

I woke up hearing birds chirping and wind blowing. I opened my eyes slowly and I was under a big tree. I rubbed my eyes and I stood up. The tree was in the middle of a vast poppy field. Yellow and blue poppies. It aas a brwath taking sight. A beautiful butterfly then came flapping its wings infront of me and landing on one of the flowers. I smiled as I walked towards it and admired its beauty. I slowly moved my fingers towards it to touch it but it flew away.

"Its beautiful isn't it" I heard a voice behind me making me turn around.

"Joanna!" I yelled as I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her neck. "I missed you so, so, so, so much" I said but then, something came to me. "But.... you passed away years ago. Am I dead?" I was confused. I couldn't remember anything. "Wait... Why am I here? How did I end up here? How am I able to see you? What happened to me? What--" I wanted to ask so many questions but she cut me

"Isn't it beautiful here?" she said walking towards the flowers. "It's so peaceful and serene" she said. I took a few steps and stood next to her. "This is where I spent my time for years with sammy, aunt Gemma and everyone" she said. I looked at her. I was so confused. Then I heard a bark coming frim infront of us. I saw a dog running towards us. Behind him were people I loved and havent seen in a very, very long time.

"Sammy?" I said. The dog jumped at me making me fall on the ground. He licked all over my face making me laugh. Sammy was the very first dog I had. He was my birthday present when I was 7 years old. He was my bestfriend and we practically grew up together until when I was 16. He became so sick and weak, we had to put him down. "Sammy!" I said giggling. "BANG!!" I yelled. Sammy stopped and played dead. I laughed and hugged him. " I missed you si much boy" I said pettinf his fur.

"How about us? You didn't miss us?" a voice said. I looked up and I was so happy at what I saw.

"Aunt Gemma, Jimmy, Johnnnnayyyyy" I said hugging all of them. "I--I missed all of you so much!" I said. Aunt Gemma was Nica's aunt who passed away when she was 14. She was her favorite aunt. She would save her when Nica's mom would punish her and then buy her anything. Jimmy was his little cousin who passed away because of cancer when he was 6. Johnny was his cousin who was about his age. They had a brother, sister relationship. He passed away when he was 17.

"Tag! your it!" Jimmy tagged Nica and ran to the fields with Johnny. She remembered how they played tag around her house whenever he visited.

"You two!" She yelled chasing them.

The three played all day. When they were tired they came back ro the tree and there was already a tent and Aunt Gemma was making her special dish,mashed potatoes. Joanna was grilling hotdogs. She didn't know where eveything came from but ignored it because she was having too much fun.