CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

Narrator

Elijah wandered the large house he created in Sanctum. He walked passed paintings in the wall full of faces that he knew, faces he loved.
He smiled sadly at each in passing, the pictures were waving at him gleefully in slow motion, beaming down at him.

He came across a photo of his youngest son, Xavier Alan Phoebe, he tilted his head as he touched the frame and a light of silver shone through the photo and it turned to glass, he saw him then, his son and his mate, Christian who Elijah considered his adopted son.

The couple were smiling at one another safely living their lives out together in New York. Elijah felt warm inside knowing they were happy, and safe. They were dancing a slow dance in a small living room and they looked close to having a very intimate moment. Elijah let go of the frame and stepped back. Last thing he needed to see was his two sons having sex in the middle of a living room.

He continued his walk eyeing each photo he had of his children, Trent, Travis, Kathryn and Danielle, Claude and even Hayle. His daughter, the first of his children to have life. He bit his lip as he gazed at her. Over the years he had watched her live the life she had  always wanted, with her mates. Elijah was happy seeing her smile everyday, seeing her grow into an even more beautiful woman.

He didn't look at what she was up to, instead he went to his big white room to check on someone, rather, something. As he neared the cauldron he frowned. He wondered what hideous deed the darkness had done. What it may have managed to get away with yet again.

He dipped his fingers into the dark waters that lurked in the cauldron and tilted his head. He saw the figure of himself, its eyes pitch black unlike his silver caster eyes. It stood in a small shop before a woman and her child. The woman held something in her hand and she was mumbling under her breath, trying to keep the darkness away.

It didn't work, Elijah watched with a frown before he reached into his jean pocket for his own specialized watch he had created a few days ago. It had the dark creature's signature, making it able to tell how much time it had... How much time, he Elijah also had.

1 157 days... It read and he sighed. That was three years and two months from now. He nodded, it was too much time, but he couldn't argue. As he gazed at the darkness it took on its true form which was nothing but a cloud of black smoke, a simple shadow.

You watch me, little one... Elijah felt himself glare into the cauldron as his hands tightened on the edge of the thing. Why not join me? Hmmm, it would be so much fun with you..

You disgusting worm. Elijah projected his thoughts to it. I would never join you...even if it killed me.

In due time, we shall see how honorable you are...master.

Elijah turned away the cauldron and held himself.  He looked at the space before him.

"Sanctium nen gorgium," he mumbled and a small white dot appeared, he placed his finger on it before slashing the air in a straight line down. A doorway appeared instantly and he was staring into a beautiful modern kitchen and at a very familiar back. "Linus." He called gently.

"Woah!" The boy turned with a jump. He had his hand on his heart and he gasped as soon as he saw who it was that had called him. "You!" He hissed and glared and Elijah only nodded.