CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

Fraden

I could tell Linus was frustrated with himself, with everything going on I could just feel that he wanted a distraction. He had already missed the week of school because of how crazy things were with the man who wants to destroy the world and finding this book that only he had access too. Which is why he was getting ready for a birthday party and it was a big deal to him.

"How is it that I have nothing to wear!?" He said in complete frustration. His room was covered in clothes, James was giving him suggestions and sighing in defeat every time Linus said no.

"You have plenty to wear," I told him from my place by the door. I had given up helping much after the third outfit. "You're just thinking about bit too much." He glared at him from the floor before pouting and throwing himself into the pile of clothes.

"It's no use, I'm not going. I'll just stay here and be depressed." He concludes and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Your a teenager!" James declares suddenly, "and teenagers go out to birthday parties!" He said strongly that I had to hold back my laughter. "You will pick something casual and you will take this gift and we will not see you until midnight."

"Excuse mez but, who will be picking him up at midnight? Some or us like to sleep." I said plainly and earned myself a glare.

"You will, " James said finally. "And you will get there two hours earlier because his curfew is technically 10pm."

"What!" Linus said in outrage. "When did that happen! You just said midnight!"

"The midnight part was just what you wanted to hear, the truth, its 10pm, and I want no arguments." James waved his hand and left the room. I shook my head and looked at Linus.

"Well, you heard him."

"You know, I always thought having a mate would mean that they are on my side, but no, you are on everyone else's but mine." He pouted and folded his arms over his chest and I chuckled.

"I don't know what textbook you've been reading on the matter, but you need to wake up."

"I will blast you." I raised a brow at his low threatening tone which honestly made me pause for a moment.

"I highly doubt that." I told him confidently and he huffed. "Go on, get dressed. " I chuckles and took my leave.

"I hate all of you!" I shook my head knowing that that was far from the truth. I already knew he considered us family and that was a very comforting fact.

I walked passed Jennifer who seemed very lost in thought because she managed to bump into me even as I tried to avoid the collision. I held onto her so she wouldn't fall and tilted my head to the side.

"Sorry," she mumbled and ran a hand through her hair. Lately she had been weird, since Linus' encounter with this unknown evil person, she had been very distracted and most importantly, she had been very interested in what was happening to us. It was a complete change from the beginning of our meeting and it was a hopeful change.

"Are you alright?" Naturally I worried now because it seemed as though she knew something we didn't, like she was hiding something and she wasn't sure if it was safe to share it and she was more fearful than ever.