CHAPTER TEN

Linus

I was going to school! It had been a week since my blow out with Fraden and let's just say, we haven't spoken, literally. I was miserable about it but I wasn't about to tell him that.

I was in the car with Jennifer who was scowling at me every now and then and it was annoying.

"Seriously, I know you don't like me, would you stop making it so obvious?" I asked her throwing my hands in the air, I was already nervous and her constant glances of pure hatred were not making it easy for me.

"Look, I just want to be clear. You don't know me, okay? Let's hope your not in my class so don't ever talk to me and I need you to walk a block away from the school and I'll pick you up from there, unless I need to stay longer, by which you can probably wait in a class room or in the car until I can go, " she explained and I gave her a horrified look. She was being so extra right now. She pulled over. "Just walk straight and turn, the school will be the first thing you see, I will pick you up from here after school. Try and make sure your alone." She waited for me to leave while I stared.

"Your kidding me." I told her and she rolled her eyes, leaned over and opened my door, I stared at the outside. "I can't help wonder what made you this way, but whatever it was, you can't hold it against the world." I told her quiet seriously and this seemed to take her by surprise as she studied me and blinked before scowling.

"Out." I exited and she drove away as soon as the door closed in the same direction she gave me. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and made my way to it.

I honestly wondered why she was like this, why she hated me so much when she hardly knew me. I could tell she hated Fraden just as much, but she was more respectful to him, I guess because of what he did for their family all those years ago. She didn't glare at him as much or as obviously as I and she talked to him calmly whenever he spoke first which wasn't rare and I guess that made her glad. He wasn't much of a talker.

Finally, I arrived at a large building with the name of Roosevelt High. Teen's could be found at every turn along with a few teachers. Some just arriving, some looked to be supervising.

I made my way towards the building, a few kids greeting me here and there. I was still extremely nervous as I entered the building.

"Carol!" I heard a voice say behind me and turned because oddly enough it sounded familiar. It was pizza girl. She was smiling and looking passed me, she was dressed in black from head to toe with natural make up. She met my eye and her eyes widened.

"Pizza girl!" I found myself saying. She smiled nervously when another girl ran passed me and jumped into pizza girls arms. The girl was taller and with blonde hair and peach coloured skin. She wore a floral sundress and flat shoes. The girl kissed pizza girl smack dab on the lips. Pizza girl melted into the affectionate kiss and I felt heat rushing up my neck. "Well, this is awkward." I said and turned around giving them their privacy.

I decided to try and find the office by myself cause it didn't seem as though pizza girl and her girlfriend would ever let each other go long enough for me to ask where to go. I turned a corner when I bumped into someone. A very nice hard chest met with my face.

"Woah!" I said and he grabbed me, I breathed heavily as we stared into each other's eyes.

You know, mostly people would be very quick to get out of this position but not me. I found myself very lost in the mans eyes which were a startling green blue colour, he smelled like salt water and citrus. His blonde hair was very curly and bonded into his face. He had these plump looking lips that made me want to sink my teeth into them and a feeling of calm washed over me at his touch. Is this how its supposed to be when Cupid hits you? Because, this oddly enough felt like love.