Chapter 5

Link walked, dripping wet, back towards their room. How the staff had managed to bust the biggest pipe in the entire castle, he didn't know. He wrung out his hat, not caring that the water was getting all over the floor. He slung it over his shoulder before opening their door.

His eyes widened in shock. It was obvious that someone had been thrashing around the right side of the room. Anything that had been breakable was now shattered on the floor. Luckily, there hasn't been much.

He didn't care about any of that though. His eyes were immediately drawn to the shape of his wife laying in the middle of the wreckage, eyes closed.

He ran over to her, dropping down to his knees. She had cuts from the glass, and bruise marks on her neck. He gently drew her up to his lap, calming down slightly. She was merely asleep. He put his hand lightly on her cheek. It was better to just let her rest, and talk to her once she woke.

He picked her up, careful not to wake her, and layed her down on the bed. He then turned back to the mess, silently cursing himself. Everytime he stepped away, something happened. He sighed before walking over and pressing the button next to the door. Usually, he would have picked everything up himself, but that would require going down to the maids' chamber, and he wasn't leaving.

The maids came quickly. He pointed to the mess before motioning for them to keep it quiet. They nodded immediately before getting to work.

He layed down next to Zelda, looking at her. He had a pretty good idea who had done that to her, and it made him hate him all the more.

He was vaugely aware of the maids leaving. Once they were gone, he changed out of his wet clothes before laying back down. It was late, and he was drained. He was out no later than when his head hit the pillow.

~~

Link's eyes opened slowly. Light shown through the window, and he stretched. He looked over at Zelda.

Who was looking at him,

"Good morning, love, "He said softly, smiling smally. Zelda didn't reply, just moved closer to him, snuggling into him. He chuckled before his smile faded,

"What happened?" he asked simply. Zelda didn't answer for a minute,

"I think you already know," She finally replied. Her voice was hoarse and quiet,

"Humor me, "he insisted. She sighed,

"He came. He showed me his newest... thing before coming after me. I shot him and he went crazy, which caused the mess, "She replied, not looking up. He didn't say anything for a moment,

"I'm sorry, " He finally said, looking down at her. She met his gaze, confused,

"What do you mean?"

"I should have been here," she rolled her eyes before cuddling back into him,

"You were needed elsewhere. You can't be everywhere at once, so there's no reason to be sorry. It's done now, anyway, " He kissed the top of her head, not saying anything.

Eventually he got up,

"We're probably needed for some simple or unnecessary task, like rotating plates on the Grand table or something," He rolled his eyes, chuckling. Zelda nodded, standing. Link went over to his closet, changing. He didn't bother to go in the bathroom. It wasn't like she hadn't seen him before. He then walked back over to Zelda, who was already dressed and was finishing the braid in her hair. He took her hand before walking out of the room.

Just as he predicted, they were forced to decide more things for the coronation all day, such as which silverware to use, all of which looked almost exactly alike to Link.

He couldn't wait until this stupid coronation was done with.Then, he could really begin to enjoy his new life with Zelda.

....

Right?