Prologue

"(Y/N)!! That's not fair. You know I can't get up there!" Natsu huffed angrily from the bottom of the tall oak tree.

(Y/N) sat on one of the higher branches, poking her tongue out at him.

"I guess I win then." (Y/N) teased, trying to wind him up.

She knew how competitive her brother was, especially at a game of tag. She crossed her arms over her chest and leaned her back on the tree, showing she wasn't coming down anytime soon.

"(Y/N)!! Not fair!" Natsu yelled, sticking out his bottom lip. (Y/N) rolled her eyes at his antics.

"Fiiine" she groaned, jumping down from the treetop.

"I don't want to play anymore anyways." Natsu said, pivoting around and stomping away. (Y/N) giggled and followed him sneakily.

However, being the 5 year old that she was, she got distracted by a butterfly whilst following him. She stopped over to observe it. She was always amazed by nature. She watched it land on top of a tall flower, before fluttering away again.

She then stood back up, realising that she had lost track of her brother's location. She searched through the thick woods for a while, but she couldn't see or hear him anywhere. She began to worry as Natsu, her older brother, always took care of her and went to find food for them. He was 6 years old, and (Y/N) was 5.

She became more and more anxious as the minutes without him passed, and began calling out his name.

"NATSU??? WHERE ARE YOU?" She screamed through the crisp morning air. But he didn't respond, and he was nowhere to be seen.

She ran through the forest, often hooking her foot on a vine or log and tripping over. By the time half an hour had passed, her legs and arms were covered in scratches from branches, and she hadn't found Natsu.

This was all too much for a 5 year old, and she sat down on a nearby rock and cried. She sat there for what felt like hours, crying and crying and crying. Why would Natsu leave her alone? What made it even worse, is she didn't know the way out of the woods. Natsu did, though.

She sat there for another few minutes sobbing, until she heard footsteps walking towards her, and she caught a glimpse of a very bright light coming from the same direction as the footsteps. She quickly looked up, and her jaw dropped.

She had never seen such a beautiful woman before in her life. The woman that stood before her was tall and elegant, with blonde hair that looked soft, and flowed all the way down to her hips. She had a glowing complexion, with striking blue eyes. Her skin was pale and made her look like a porcelain doll. She was slim with a long, white and pale pink robe that stretched all the way down to the forest floor. On her head, she wore a tiara that was silver with shining white and pink jewels in it. The woman smiled softly at (Y/N), crouching down to her height.

"What's the matter darling?" The woman asked, wiping a tear from (Y/N)'s face.

"I lost m-my brother." (Y/N) said, hiccuping.

The woman frowned slightly, looking around.
"What about your parents?" The woman asked.

"W-we don't have those. It's always j-just been me and Natsu" (Y/N) said, with swollen red eyes.

"What direction did he go in?" The woman asked, still frowning. She felt sorry for (Y/N). Growing up with only her brother must have been awful.

"I d-don't know.." (Y/N) said, "I've been looking for him for a long time but I can't find him anywhere.."

The woman had an idea. She had been looking for an apprentice, and this lost little girl might just be perfect.
"What's your name, darling?" She asked.