37.

CHAPTER THIRY-SEVEN - TOGETHER?

His lips moved slowly, yet sweetly against hers, kissing and tugging. She knew she was not supposed to feel anything, yet her skin tingled at the places he touched. And damn it, he was touching every part of her exposed skin, from her shoulders, to her arms and lower. What was even worse was that, she was not covered. She lay vulnerable beneath him, completely naked.

His mouth left hers to cut a way along her neck, moving down to her collarbone, and then going back to her lips. He was tasting, licking and enjoying her soft skin melting under his touch.

Alexia had never felt such intense arousal before. Her skin was on fire and anywhere he touched burned. She wanted to be closer to him, feel his bare chest against hers, his hard thighs against hers and have him buried deep inside her.

She reached for him, but then he began to slip away. The room started to go black and his face was slowly disappearing with the light. "No, don't go." She mouthed but there was no sound.

The only sound was that of something ringing in the distance. The sound became louder by the second and very soon, it was all she could hear. The ringing sound was echoing painfully in her ear. She wanted to stop it, wanted it to shut up.

Groaning, she rolled over in bed and knocked the alarm clock on the bedside table, bringing the irritating sound to a stop. She kicked the sheets off and sat up in bed, panting with sweat rolling down her forehead and temples.

Her body was on fire. The dream she had was one she had become familiar with. It started the night she kissed Colin and since then, it was all she dreamt about. He was all she dreamt about. She had only tasted his lips and was already going crazy. What the hell? Who was Colin Knight?

Getting out of bed, she dragged herself to the bathroom. She did not even take off her nightie and turned on the shower. Cold-water hit the flimsy fabric called a nightgown and seeped through to her skin. She sighed from the relief that washed over her and placed her hand right below the showerhead, letting her head hung low.

She stayed in the shower longer that she had intended to. After twenty minutes, she walked out wrapped in a towel. The clock showed thirty minutes past eight and she rushed to the closet to pick her outfit for the day. She settled on a pair of jeans and grey shirt then pulled her hair in a ponytail.

It was the last day of work and also, the opening day of the hotel. So there definitely will be dust and a lot of running around. As soon as Alexia moved out to the reception, she was a bit surprised to see that everything was spotless. Whoever did this, she would forever be grateful to him or her.

"Do you like it?" She spun around and smiled at Vulcan. "People will be arriving very soon, so I took care of it." He added with a grin.

"Thank you." She said and he took her hand, leading her out to the pool area.

"Don't thank me yet, there is still a lot of work to be done."

They kept final touches to the rooms and cleaned every corner of the hotel. If one had seen how Alexia got down on her knees and scrubbed paint off the floors, they would think she was a worker and not the interior designer. By five pm, the sun begun to set, casting an orange glow over the hotel. Their hard work looked beautiful and they could not have been happier.

Although, they were exhausted and Alexia looked like a mad woman with her now messy ponytail, dusty clothing and long strings of sweat rolling down the side of her face, they were glad they finished before the first badge of invited guests arrived.

"I am going to take a shower and prepare for tonight." Vulcan said to Alexia who was lying on the floor in the room that they just finished cleaning.

"Okay, go ahead. I will be out in a bit." She mumbled, with eyes closed.