9.

CHAPTER 9 - PLAYBOY CHARMS

Alexia had been let down by her secretary once again. This was neither the first nor the second time. It was probably the hundredth, if she kept count. Damn, that girl only had one job, just one job to do and she could not do it. The products she had asked her the night before to order and transport to Yeji, would not be coming anytime soon, not today, nor tomorrow, but probably in two days' time.

Alexia would have fired her if she had been in front of her the moment she informed her that she forgot to make the orders. That girl was lucky once again.

All thanks to the disappointment, it ruined her mood, and she had to go down to breakfast with a forced smile. Samantha, being a smart woman, had seen through her disguise and she had to tell her the bad news. She took the news much better than Alexia had imagined, so some burden was off her shoulders.

After lunch, Samantha took her back to the house and they revisited their plans. When they settled everything, Samantha drove them into town for shopping. She planned to cook a special meal for her husband who was coming home tonight.

"I met Rees five years after Colin's father died, right in this supermarket." Samantha said happily. "It wasn't love at first sight though," she stopped and glanced at Alexia. "It was anger at first sight. Do you know why?" She chuckled to herself as she remembered that day. "Colin had been sick and refused to eat. However, after two days, he finally decided to eat something. He wanted mummy to prepare his favourite yam fret but guess what, I run out of ingredients. So, I rushed in here, grabbed everything I needed and when I was about to make a turn, this man bumped into me with his shopping cart and I fell on my face."

Alexia gasped and Samantha nodded. "I know, embarrassing right? However, I was not embarrassed then, I was upset with him. I was so upset that, I grabbed his leg and pulled him to the ground, and then we were even." Both of them laughed. "Anyway, we met again some days later and we both apologized and things started off from there."

"Wow, then you both got lucky." Alexia said. "You got hit by a shopping cart and found love."

"It hurt, but it was very rewarding." Samantha said and they chuckled. "Oh, I forgot to get tomatoes." She face-palmed herself and sighed. "You go ahead to the cashier and I will meet you there. But careful not to get hit by a man's shopping cart or you'll find love." She winked and then walked back up the aisle.

"God I hope not." Alexia said to herself and then grabbed the handles. She looked in front of her to make sure there were no male shoppers anywhere close. When the coast was clear, she moved. Samantha's love story was exciting and romantic, however she did not wish for it upon herself, at least not now. If she were to find love the same way Samantha did, she wished for it to happen in the future, not now and not in a small town like Yeji, but a large city like Paris where things would really be romantic.

Alexia was about to make a turn into the next aisle when a shopping cart bumped into hers, startling her. She gasped when her shopping cart balanced on its wheels. However, she was able to stabilize it before it toppled over.

"Oh my how clumsy of me!" The person who hit her exclaimed.

Alexia's head snapped up and she frowned as she saw him. That knowing smirk on his face told her he did it on purpose. "Colin." She said through gritted teeth and he raised a brow. That was when she saw his new look. She hated to admit it. However, she loved that he has taken off his beard. His beautiful cheekbones were on full display and his full pink lips only became more prominent and tempting.

"Yes, my sweet." He placed a hand to his chest and bowed his head as if greeting a princess.

"Why did you run your cart into mine?" She asked and glanced into his shopping cart. "It's even empty! You are not here to shop are you? Are you following me?"