7.

CHAPTER 7 - TRUTH

Alexia was still in shock even though it has been a few minutes after Elijah left the compound. She was still where he left her and his words still echoed in her mind.

"I am not going to stop until I have you."

No, Alexia screamed internally. This could not possibly be happening to her right now. No, not now: not when her business was finally starting to flourish and gain recognition. Not when she had made up her mind to focus more on her work and not get into any romantic relationship. Not when she was, finally the self-made, independent woman she had always dreamed of becoming.

She did not need two men fighting over her. Did not need any pressure on her because right now, she already had enough pressure to deal with; pressure from her employees to increase their salaries, pressure from individuals and companies to see to their decorating needs and pressure to hire more people into the company because they were getting many job offers. The only thing she wanted was to focus on her company and nothing else, but Colin and Elijah would not stop.

"Alexia," she snapped out of her trance when a hand fell on her shoulder. Turning around she faced Samantha. "Are you alright?" The woman looked concerned and she tried to smile.

"Yes, I am fine. Thank you very much." Samantha's gaze moved down to her reddened hand, which she was slowly rubbing.

"We should get some ice on that, and after breakfast, we shall discuss the reason why you're here." Alexia sensed that the woman already knew the events that transpired in her house, so she quickly apologized.

"Samantha, please accept my deepest apologies."

"Apology accepted."

Breakfast was scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes, juice, milk, chocolate chip cookies, and coffee for the adults. Alexia drank coffee, ate pancake and a few chocolate chip cookies, after Sofia insisted she had some. Colin barely spoke throughout breakfast. However, he did not remove his gaze from the bandage, wrapped around Alexia's wrist all the time.

When breakfast was over and after the dishes were safely in the dishwasher, Sofia went out to play in her dollhouse. Samantha and Alexia, on the other hand went to check out the house she would be working on.

It was a few kilometres away from spring bird. This house was made of bricks and built with arcs with no upper floors. There were separate compartments coming together to form one huge mansion. Samantha showed her around the place and gave her suggestions on how she wanted the décor to be like. Alexia noted them down and after she did a thorough investigation of the place, they set back to Spring Bird.

"I can't wait for you to start working on that house." Samantha said and looked into the rearview mirror to have another look at the house, which was slowly shrinking with every distance they moved.

Looking up from her sketchbook, Alexia said. "Me too. I have so many plans for it."

Samantha glanced at the few sketches on Alexia's book and a smile formed on her lips. She loved how serious and passionate Alexia was about her work. No wonder, she was good at her job. "I admire that house so much." She stated and then Alexia smiled.

The rest of the drive was in silence. Samantha did not want to disturb Alexia while she made her sketches, and Alexia was too busy to think of a conversation. An hour later, Samantha pulled her black pick-up truck to a stop in the compound of her home and they stepped out. Two sports cars stood by the fountain as the duo made their way towards the front door. The mess which was made earlier on was cleaned up and the place was back to being beautiful.