24.

CHAPTER 24 - FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS

His arm went around her and drew her into him, possessively. Her lips were soft. They were the softest, sweetest and most intoxicating thing he had ever tasted. Even alcohol didn't make him this high. His heart was pounding wildly. Arousal pumped through his veins and made him so hard. He wanted so badly to take off her clothes and make love to her body. But now, her succulent lips were the only thing he could make love to.

His hands tucked back her hair and kissed her passionately. Slowly, he freed her lips and allowed her to breathe.

"Let's do this more." He said while looking into her eyes and she only stared back.

Loosening his arms around her, he gave her some space and then went back to pick up his coffee.

Alexia's heart didn't stop beating. Neither did her body stop trembling. She had never been so passionately kissed. Never felt so loved by a man before. She did not want to conclude anything, however, she thought of the possibility that he might be in love with her.

Her heart leaped at the thought and she touched her throbbing lips. They felt warm and swollen and then her cheeks warmed up. She quickly threw her palms over her face to hide it.

"What are you doing?" Colin asked when he saw her. A smile was tucked at the corner of his mouth as he watched her.

She shook her head. "Nothing."

However, he knew there was something. He saw her go red. "Are you blushing?"

Her palms fell to her laps and she glanced at him. "No." She tried not to blush, but failed. She smiled and then hid her face inside her palms again.

Colin smiled while wrapped his arms around her. "It's okay to blush." He said. "That only showed how much you enjoyed it." She nudged his ribs and he chuckled.

The streets got busier when they set out to her place. After a long drive and endless traffic jams, they finally reached there. Colin got out and jogged to the other side to help her out. She stepped out and then he pinned her to the car for another toe-curling kiss that took their breaths away.

"Let's do this more often." He said.

"I don't think so." She said.

"Why not?" He ran his fingers through her tresses.

Because just tell me if you want us to have a relationship. Just say it if you are in love with me.

"Because we can't be friends with benefits." She replied.

Colin sighed. "Why can't we?" He asked, even though he knew why.

"Because someone always gets hurt in the end." She replied and then thought sadly. And it might be me.

Alexia did not want to tell him what to do. She didn't want to put the words in his mouth. If he really wanted her, she wanted him to tell her himself. She didn't want to gain any hopes that someday, he might confess his feelings for her. What if he never does, then she would get seriously hurt.

Colin caressed her cheek and then placed his forehead to hers. He closed his eyes and mentally battled with himself whether to tell her now or not. He wanted to. God, he was dying too. He wanted to tell her what she did to him. He wanted her to know how stupid she made him feel whenever she was close to him. He wanted her to know how fast his heart pounds in his chest when he looks into her eyes, just like now. He wanted her to know how completely confused he becomes when she smiled and how he sees fireworks whenever they kiss.

However, he was afraid she would not believe him. After all, he had only been chasing after her panties a week ago.

"Okay." He said and then stepped back. "Let me walk you to your door." He entwined his fingers with hers and they moved there.