Chapter Twenty- Three

"Is the crib here yet, Cha?", Jaivon yelled at Chavonne.

"No, for the last time".

"Well, where is it? It was supposed to have been here two days ago!"

"Why do you care anyway?", she tried to say under her breath.

"Because it's my damn grandchild!"

"Now it is huh?"

Chavonne and Jaivon had been getting into it a lot closer and closer it got for me to have the baby. I guess he woke up one day and decided to change his heart. He started coming down and checking on me and asking me how I was feeling. He even had a doctor come out and check on me. The look on the doctor's face when they saw I was chained up in a basement was priceless. I'm sure Jaivon paid him off in more money he could count to keep his mouth closed.

At this point, I'm just waiting on the baby to come. Essence told me it should be any day now. Due to my imprisonment, I have no idea what I'm having. After being dragged down two three flights of steps, I honestly just want the baby to be healthy. And look exactly like Kane.

I wake up every morning and think that it's going to be the day he bust down here guns blazing and carry me out of here. And every day, I am let down. But like I said, I could've been trippin' about what I thought I heard.

"I'm not about to sit down here while you suddenly care about this bitch", Chavonne fussed. "I'm going to the club".

"Yeah, you do that. Go pick up my money too".

"Pick up your own money", she mumbled.

Jaivon rolled his eyes then came over to me. He held up a water bottle to my lips and let me drink.

"You feeling okay?", he asked.

"I'm fine".

I'm not convinced, just like Chavonne isn't. Now all of a sudden, he gives a damn about me and my child. He can fuck off for all I care, because as soon as I push out this baby I'm going to find a way for us to get out. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I'm out. And I'll be so far away, Jaivon won't have the reach to get to me or my baby.

The door opened but Jaivon was too busy staring at my rising breast that grew with the months of me being pregnant. And I couldn't see around his enormous head to see who it was. Maybe it was just Essence bringing down more water.

"Told you I would come for you", a familiar voice said.

Jaivon's eyes got big but before he could react, a masked buff guy hit me over the head with a gun. He didn't get knocked out like I thought he would, but he did tumble over in pain. He looked up and one of the mask men revealed themselves as being Kane. He looked at me, sadness filling his face. He looked at Jaivon then rushed and put his boot to his face.

"Knew we would be at this point, Pop", he said to him.

Jaivon laughed and spit blood out of his mouth. "And what point is that?"

Jaivon tried to rush Kane but one of the men caught him and held him back. Kane hit Jaivon several times in the stomach until he was curled over, coughing up more blood.

"All this ... for a bitch?", Jaivon coughed up.

"Actually, this time is not just about Simone. Don't get me wrong, Imma fuck you up for what you did to her. But this is something totally different. Tie him up", he instructed to his workers. They dragged a chair to the middle of the basement floor and pushed Jaivon in it. One of them pulled out some cable ties and tied his hands behind his back and his ankles to the chair. Kane leaned on a pole that was keeping the upper foundation up and cleared his throat.