Chapter Twenty

I woke up to the smell of breakfast being made, which is something I've never experienced. Hell, I thought I was the one that was supposed to be barefoot and naked making him grits and shit, but I'm not one to complain. Especially when it involves less shit for me to do. I stretched out in his king-sized bed and smiled. I can get used to this shit.
I thought about asking Kane what his intentions with me were. I mean, the sex is great but is that all he wants me here for? Like are we trying to figure shit out? Does he know what he wants? I never get a chance to ask because I get distracted by his cute ass smile and magical penis.

I shook my head and went into my suitcase to grab some around the house clothes and my toothbrush. Don't want to walk in that man's kitchen with yuck mouth and dried up cum on my inner thigh.
I remembered Kane saying he's more into the business side of this street shit but what exactly does that intel? He doesn't have people running in and out of here like Jaivon does, which I guess is a good thing. And his phone hasn't went off once since I got here, which is a plus for me too. I been waiting to see what popcorn ass bitch was going to hit his line asking him to come through. But if they did, who am I to react? The bitch that's getting that dick, that's who.

If I could stand all day in his shower, I would. He had that dual head shower that I feel every woman dreams of at one point and his hot water stayed steamy like I liked it. By the time I got out the shower my skin was looking flawless and I had an after-sex glow. At least what I think one looks like based off the shit I read in books. I looked at my teeth in his big ass mirror and started brushing, 'cause this morning breath is on some Bruce Lee shit.

I slipped on my sweat pants and t shirt and jogged down the steps to his kitchen. The closer I got, the more I could hear the yelling. I walked softly so I could be nosey and hear what was going on. Sounded like Kane was on the phone with someone, fussing about his mother.

"Well, who the fuck was there? ... Na, I don't believe that shit ... I said I don't believe it! ... Hello?"

Whoever he was talking to must've disconnected the call. I cleared my throat then walked in the kitchen like I was oblivious that something was going on. He had his back to me, leaning over the kitchen sink. I walked over to him and place a kiss on the middle of his back. He tensed up and moved out of my reach. I looked at him confused.

"Had I not been distracted by you, I could've been there!", he yelled.

"Excuse me? What are you talking about?"

"That was my mother's stay at home nurse I was on the phone with while you were acting like you wasn't being nosey".

Damn, does the nigga have radar ears? "Is she okay?", I asked.

"She's dead".

My throat suddenly got dry and my hands were clammy. I didn't know what to say. Me of all people knows how it feels to lose your mother and be in disbelief about it. I know the pain is worse for him because he was actually close to his mother. And I know he wishes it was more he could've done. I tried walking over to him, but he took another step back. The look on his face told me he didn't want to be bothered or touched and I didn't want to push him past his limit. He's hurting, and he just needs someone to blame. Had it been someone else here, it would've been the same thing. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself.

"I'm just going to step out and get some air", I said but I don't think he even cares at this point.

I walked to the front door and slipped on the slides he had by it. They were way too big for my feet, but I didn't care. Had he been in a better mood I'm sure he would've laughed at it. I stepped outside, grateful to feel a breeze. The weather in L.A. is something I can say I've always wanted to experience. It's not scorching like it is down south, but it's not freezing like it is up north. The temperature is just right and it's instantly relaxing. I closed my eyes and inhaled the different scents that were around. Then suddenly, I felt something cold being pressed against the side of my head.

"Don't move, or Imma splatter ya shit on my nephew's grass".

I knew that voice anywhere. It haunted my dreams every night. I opened my eyes and looked out of my peripheral and saw the snake eyes of Chavonne.

"Turn around, slowly", she instructed.

I turned like she said, the gun still being pointed in my face. Jaivon was standing in the driveway, a cigarette in his hand. He ashed it then came to stand by Chavonne. Two cars pulled in front of the house and I cursed under my breath. He found me like I knew he would and he's dragging me right back to hell.

He stared at me for a few seconds then his hand went across my face. I felt the blood forming in my mouth. At this point, I'm used to his beatings and I've learned to just do what he asks or get my ass beat some more. And in the end, I'll still have to do what he asked.

"You got me runnin' around Alabama lookin' for your ass! Then I find you here trying to play house with my son!"

I stood there, silent. Nothing I could say would make this shit better.

"What makes you think a bitch like you is good enough for my son? All you know how to do is do what I say and shake that ass of yours. That's all you'll ever be good for".

I didn't want to admit it, but he was right. That is all I'll be good for. I don't deserve Kane. Why would I deserve the one good thing that has ever happened to me in my life?

"Get ya black ass in the car, Simone".

I turned on my heels and climbed in the back seat of the Lexus that was parked behind what I knew was Jaivon's car. When I saw Essence on the other side, I knew.

"You told him where I was, didn't you?", I asked.

She turned to face me, and I noticed her eyes was black. I tried to caress her face in comfort, but she moved it out of my reach just like Kane just did.

"He told me that if I didn't know him where you were, he'd put me out. I didn't care about that. That wasn't enough for me to rat you out. So, he hit me. I'd never been hit before, Simmy. I didn't know how to feel, so I just started crying. He told me that if I didn't tell him, he'd find you and kill you. So, I told him. I'm sorry Simmy, but I couldn't let you die".

I turned away from her and looked out of the tinted window.

"You should've let him kill me. Death is better than bondage", I said without looking back at her. I could tell by her sniffing that she was crying but I didn't care. I know I shouldn't be mad at her. She did the same thing I would've done. But I would do anything, to not have to go back there.

I heard some commotion, bringing me out of my daydream. Kane had come out the house and it looked as if he was in a frantic. I listened hard to hear what was being said.

"Where is she?", he said looking from Jaivon to Chavonne.

"She's long gone", Jaivon said.

"What the fuck did you do to her?", Kane asked.

"I didn't do anything. Son-" Jaivon tried to touch Kane, but he moved out of the way.

"Where the fuck is she? I'm not going to ask you again".

"What the fuck are you going to do? Fight with me, your father, over a bitch that doesn't belong to you?"

"Excuse me?"

Jaivon laughed. "You thought you could live happily ever after with my product?"

"You don't own her!"

"I do, you stupid mother fucker. Simone belongs to me, and she ain't going nowhere until I fuckin say so. Now, you can take your ass back in the house like a good boy, or you can get killed trying to be tough guy. I don't give a fuck either way".

Chavonne pointed the gun at Kane and I got the urge to run out of the car and jump in front of the bullet if shit went left.

"You'd shoot your own flesh and blood?", Kane asked.

"Son, blood don't mean shit to me. Money do. Let's go Cha, we got business to handle".

Jaivon and Chavonnne walked away from Kane and got into the car that was parked in front of the one I was in. Kane looked at the window I was looking out of and for a second, I could've sworn he was looking right at me. He nodded several times, then disappeared into his house. The car started moving forward and a small tear escaped my eye. I knew whatever was coming next for me, was going to be my lowest point. Then a thought popped in my head that I wish never did. I forgot to take my birth control pill.